Chapter 1 - Spot x Race

Start from the beginning

"He's so obsessed with Spot. It's like he's got a crush on him or something," Chad joked.

They laughed and started making fun of Race.

This alone made something Spot had never felt towards Race bubble up.

He ignored most of it, planning to confront them about it at a later time, but when a slur was thrown out about him Spot knew he had to intervene.

"Don't call him that," he said, turning around to face the trio.

They turned around to face him quickly, a look of panic briefly showed on Chad and Jackson's faces but Nathan just had his obnoxious smirk on his face the entire time.

"Why? Are you one of them too?" Nathan asked.

Chad nodded and changed his expression to match Nathan's. "Yeah, it's just a joke anyway. No need to be so sensitive."

Spot lost it at that, he leapt forward and punched Nathan square on the nose.

Nathan hit him back and he soon had all three of the boys aiming at him.

He landed a few punches on Chad and Jackson as well before he felt a pair of arms roughly pull him away.

"Stop, now," the voice of their coach shouted sternly.

Spot felt himself being dragged away from them and pulled into the corridor.

"Spot, why did you do that?" the coach asked him.

He had known Spot since he was small and despite what the vast majority of the school thought, knew that the outburst was very uncharacteristic of him.

"You won't be in trouble if you tell me," he reassured the short boy.

"They were- they called Race somethings and I couldn't let them get away with it," he explained, not wanting to meet his coach's eyes.

"Okay, why don't you go home and put something on your eye and sort out any injuries and we'll talk about this in the morning? How does that sound?"

Spot nodded and stood up and started to head towards the door.

He walked out the main doors of the school and was met with Race sitting on one of the railings, swinging his legs.

"Hi, Race. What are you doing here?" he asked.

Race hopped off and walked over to him with a smile on his face.

The smile quickly dropped when he saw the state of Spot's face.

He brought his hand up to Spot's eyes. "What happened?" he whispered.

"It's nothing, just a few bruises," Spot reassured the blonde boy.

Race scoffed and rolled his eyes, seeing straight through his lies. "It's not nothing. You're coming home with me, I'll clean you up."

Spot tried to argue but between Race's complete and utter stubbornness and a strange feeling in his gut he couldn't say no.