How long were you asleep?

And how long it a godamn shower was that girl taking.

You groaned while standing and working swiftly to crack your joints Rubbing your puffy eyes and sighed deeply.

"Alessandra? Are you almost done, you're about to burn me to a crisp out here!" You shouted while staying behind the wall, attempting to give the other girl her privacy she still deserved no matter how angry you were.

You stood for a moment, waiting for a response.

"Alessandra, you good in there?" You shouted once again, trying to raise your voice above the noisy clatter of the water. You stood silent for a couple more moments once again. Still, no reply. Not even a peep of acknowledgment.

"I get you're upset, I do. I'm upset too, but at least let me know you're alright." You whispered. You were still with a fiery rage but still felt concern rising in your stomach.

"If you don't answer me I'll have no choice but to come in there!" You exclaimed. It's not like you hadn't seen body parts of other girls from the red room before, some torturous methods or even drills forced us to nudity.

You tapped your foot against the concrete floor as worry drowned your mind. It has been far too long. You took a deep breath and quickly looked over the side of the wall. What you saw was certainly not what you expected. Your eye's widened as you turned your back towards the girl and headed back to the other side of the wall. You could feel bile rising in her throat as shock filled her eyes.

You took a deep breath while pushing away your immediate fear, your legs felt like jelly but you walked in an orderly fashion.

"Hey- hey." You shouted while slapping the wall with your palm, resisting the urge to let a free tear fall.

"I need help in here! She- please." You began to regain your composure, you wanted to freak out, but instead, you stood tall and took steady breaths. You slowly shook away the fear and faced the world with a natural rough exterior.

"Please." You yelled with a scratchy throat while punching the wall. Sadness and happiness or fear weren't usually emotions you felt. But rage was. Anger. You were allowed to be as angry as you wanted. You continued to punch, and punch. Not even wincing as your fist pounded into the hard wall, your knuckles cracking as blood fell down her fingertips.

Blood.

What a treacherous thing. Yet beautiful.

"I need help in here, she- I don't think she's alive!" You shouted. You knew that she wasn't alive. Most certainly no one lives after that. There's no way after that amount of time.

Did you know that if you cut the carotid artery deep enough, it could take five to fifteen seconds for you to bleed out, slowly, and painfully before you die? Before your body no longer has enough blood to keep it alive.

I'm sure there are ways to save someone, possibly salvage their life, but once they are down for a certain amount of time with no beating heart, their organs start to shut down. Fail them. Their own body fails them.

You had done it to other people, enemies, on missions. But never did she think someone could do that to themselves. Maybe you were just shielded from the harsh reality of the mind in the red room. Brain swiped to not even think of it, think of how people would go so far to kill themselves?

But when you saw the blood mixing with water upon the shower floor, as Alessandra's pale face and the body lay limp upon the ground, slouched upon the wall, that was scary. Not scarring, you could never be scarred by blood or death. You were used to blood, you liked blood. But you never imagined a- friend. Did you consider Alessandra her friend? It didn't matter. You never expected someone like her would do that to themself.