14

TW- Mention suicide in this chapter, please be safe and don't read if you fear it will trigger you or affect you mentally.

Your dull eyes looked up as Alessandra was shoved into the cellar you were both stationed in. Alessandra's face was tear-stained and her lips were incredibly chapped.

You straightened your body, and sat against the wall, watching as Alessandra shuffled to the opposite wall to sit down.

"What did you say." You questioned with spite while looking at the blonde. Her eyes were red and her body was crippled into the wall. Sandra immediately crumbled.

"I- I didn't mean to, it- they asked and the machine told them if I was lying- it..." Alessandra began to breathe heavily as more tears cascaded down her cheeks. You strained your voice as you resisted the motion to let out a strangled scream.

"черт возьми, Алессандра! (God damnit Alessandra!)" You shouted while slamming your hand to the floor and gritting your teeth. This was it. It was over. You were toast. Alessandra gasped for air while hiding her eyes into her elbow. "Alessandra. You are 16 years old. Sixteen! You know the difference between life or death, right and wrong. These people are fakes! And now we are both going to die because of you!" You exclaimed while pushing your nails into your forehead.

Alessandra was in a frenzy. Dreykov was going to kill you both. She took slow breaths with looking at you, who was very distressed. You were a rule follower. You never fail or defected. You were perfect. A perfectionist. Everything must be done right or not done at all. This was ruining you from the inside out.

"I just- what on hells earth were you thinking? I don't understand how you could be so stupid." You shouted while removing your hands from your forehead, leaving dents, and rubbing your eyes harshly.

"I'm going to take a shower," Alessandra mumbled while standing and quickly walking behind the wall, hiding from you, probably for the best because you were resisting the urge to kill Sandra yourself.

You hid her face in your shirt and let out a muffled scream, allowing some of the pent anger to release.

You heard the water turn on and some ruffling around, but it was overall quiet. You enjoyed the sound of the water hitting the floor in the background. The small splatters and plops were comforting.

You allowed the water to comfort your mind, and calm your rage.

You rubbed your eyes slowly. Why did this happen, why did it have to go wrong? You did better the first time. You got farther, almost made it out. And Alessandra was just weighing you down.

None of this would have happened if she wasn't a slow, incompetent- nitwit! That's the right word. She was stupid. Stupid, idiotic, imbecile.

You laid down on the hard cement, scooting into the corner, resting your heavy head on your arm, trying to get a soft surface for your skull.

You took slow, deep breaths. Inhale, exhale. The sound of water cascading entered your mind, and you were able to turn it off. Flip the switch and let the rage and anger that filled you subside temporarily.

Just sleep.

—————

You groggily shot up, your mind fuzzy, and your body sore from the concrete floor, especially your jagged hip and shoulder. You tenderly sat upright as the muscles flexed and the tendons pulled.

The water was still running.

You wiped her sweaty forehead, noticing how steamy the room had become from the long period of running water. The temperature was noticeably high, and you were growing aggravated again.