Harder working

Killua's POV

It was finally the next day and my body was still sore from the work that last day. Even the hot shower I took didn't work, it kinda makes me regret letting Gon work the whole entire night. Even though he seemed perfectly fine last time with all the work he did..

"Killua are you okay? You're food is going to get cold." My roommate Kurapika called out to me as he starts to make his own breakfast, flipping a pancake perfectly in the air, watching it fall back on the pan softly.

Kurapika new about how weird my family was and how I wanted to leave them for so long, so he was the one who offered his apartment for me to stay in until my house was perfect for me to live in.

I stared at my breakfast which had perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, bacon, and covered honey maple syrup with chocolate chips in the inside, topped with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

"Yeah, I'm fine sorry. I didn't realize I zoned out. It's just the new handyman I hired decided to work on that house for the whole entire day and night yesterday." I paused for a second to take a bite of my food, before it starts to get cold. "And he's also going to work today too. Even though it's supposed to be his day off."

Kurapika finished making his food and as he made his plate, he sat down at the  table, on the chair in front of me and hummed in acknowledgment. "Hm..guess he has a lot of free time on his hands. How much are you paying him to work?"

"Well each day he works I pay him like 320 or 600 for how long he works. 80 per hour, And I think he brought his friends last night to help so now I have to pay them also."

"Oh wow. Didn't you say you spent the last of you're money on that house?" Kurapika questions as he takes a bite of his food.

"Yeahhh, I stole my moms credit card number and I'm paying them through cash app. She has so much money I'm pretty sure she hasn't even noticed. 600 is like 66 cents to her." I say shrugging my shoulders, taking quick bites of my food, drinking some water with it.

"Killua..you ranted about how you were going to do this all by yourself, but still stealing money.."

In annoyance I roll my eyes and poke my pancake with my fork. "Well sometimes to get to the finish line, you gotta take a short cut. Besides, she'll never even notice it."

Kurapika just shrugs his shoulders and continues to eat. He doesn't really want to argue about it so he just doesn't continue that conversation, and decides to switch to another one. "So what's that handyman's name? Does he work really good?"

I go to take another bite of my food but realize it's all gone, so I sigh and stand up to put my dishes in the sink and wash them. "His name is Gon freecss. He's really built and has a nice body for this type of stuff. So his working skills are really impressive."

"Oh nice, I'm glad you found someone suit for the job. Because you definitely weren't doing this all by yourself." He says bluntly and giggles, finishing his dishes and standing up to wash them beside me.

"H-hey! I would have had that house done! Not as fast as I wanted...but I would have definitely got it done." I huff while scrubbing my dish a little faster then before.

"Hehe, you know I'm just joking. But you do know buying a much cleaner house would have been the best decision right?"

He was totally right about that. But my ego wanted it to be the worst looking house ever, so I could turn it into a house everyone would die for. Then I could shove it in my parents face to prove to them I can do anything without them trying to baby me.

"I know. But trust me on this one. I'm doing it for a good reason." Kurapika smiles and nods and places the dishes in a cabinet.

"I have to get going now kurapika! Thanks for the breakfast, it was amazing as always...even though you should've added a little bit more chocolate on the pancakes." I suggest. He glares at me and crosses his Arms.