Protogen

Xerxes has decided to stay. After he was fully healed I took him out to fresh air to where he could fly away. He took flight and immediately returned after two minutes. And it took me that amount of time to return to the base entrance. I tried to make him fly off. But each time he went right back to my shoulder.

I looked at the bird in question cleaning his feathers. I chuckled as Erica rubbed his neck.

"You know. His grown on me. Maybe he'll come in handy on missions" she said.

"The Fireteam attack bird. How original" Misti chuckled.

Xerxes just softly screeched at her. We all laughed at that. It's been a few days since I was captured and rescued immediately. Shadow 30 was given a full pardon for going AWOL. Shadows 28 and 29 have returned to Shadow division and are running black ops missions. As for me and the rest of Fireteam. Well let's just say we no longer sleep in separate rooms. That's right Libby, Erica, Misti, and Tyla all confessed their love for me and all the girls moved their beds to my room.

It was funny really. Just a few months ago I was ready to die. Now it doesn't seem so bad now. I've got a warm bed and meals. A place to call home. Heck, even the full love and support of my team.

"Hey, babe" Libby said seductively sitting on my lap.

I chuckled as she did that.

"Hey no fair" Tyla whined.

I chuckled and looked at her. She knew what I wanted her to do and she joined Libby on my lap.

"You know it feels weird."

"What makes you say that?" Yazim asked from the kitchen.

"The first day we met I was just ready to die. Even if I tried to escape and all the missions we've been on. In the back of my mind I've always had the thought I'd be killed in some way. But the more missions we went on together the more I can see in life. The more you girls opened up to me well what can I say. I'm happy were I'm at now."

All the girls nodded at me. But soon a knock came to the door.

"The man of the dorm is currently being squished. It's unlocked if you wish to enter!" Sandra shouted out from the chair beside me.

"Ass."

"Our asses are always available."

I sighed. I've created an anal monster. The girls chuckled as my mother entered.

"Good to see your getting settled back in" she said.

"Well what can I say. You gave me the best team there is on base."

Everyone laughed at that.

*Tyla P.O.V*

I was great. ??? finally had all the Fireteam on his arms and was enjoying life again. I laid my head down and his and he gave my butt a pat. But the general was here for a reason.

"Was there a reason for your visit general?" Yazim asked.

"Of course. I've got another mission. And it's a fun one to boot."

"Let me guess. We're to infiltrate an armored train carrying a highly guard government Intel and destroy the train in the process. Am I off" ??? chuckled.

"Umm, no pretty much on par. The government is transporting something they call a protogen. Don't know what it is but it's not been taken care properly."

"So raiding an armored train and rescuing a protogen?" Sandra asked.

"Exactly. But it's made worse. You'll have to board it while it's on the move."