Chapter 8

Bunnymunds POV

"Still think there's no such thing as the Boogeyman?" Pitch calls out. The Nightmares close in on our group.

"I do believe in you." Jamie says.

"I'm just not afraid of you." Y/n speaks with Jamie. He nods at her as the nightmares start running at us. Lights are broken once more as they run.

Jamie holds out his hand in front of the Nightmares, Y/n keeps a steadying hand on his shoulder. When they run into it, they burst into Dream-sand. The kids get excited and so do we. Pitch not so much. The golden sand swirls all around.

Tooth gasps as she flaps her wings and starts to fly around with a big grin. The kids cheer her on. North holds up his swords with renewed vigor. "Aha!"

"Oh yeah!" Monty yells.

Pitch looks more distressed as more nightmares vanish. "No! Get them! Do your job!" More nightmares come at us all.

I close my eyes with a hopeful smile. I swift my weight between my feet eager to return to my bigger form. "Oh yeah, come on, come on!" I open my eyes as a Nightmare starts to come at me. "Oh crikee!" I bound away with it hot on my heels. I hear someone else chase after.

I quickly scramble under a car mumbling, "'M just a bunny!" The Nightmare grabs my tail and drags me out. He's in for a surprise.

I'm in my regular form again, hanging upside down. I smirk at the thing seeing Y/n near it with a stick held up. Was she trying to help me? Cute.

"G'day, mate." I pumps my feet, knocking out the Nightmare that was holding me. I somersault into the air tossing my boomerang towards another, catching it as I land. Y/n watches a bit wide eyed.

I tap the ground and up come the Easter Island Statue Warriors. "Come on!" A kid is on top of one of them. I look over at Y/n making eye contact and wink at her. The blush that follows after makes me chuckle before I bound off to keep fighting.

I see Pitch run off through the rooftops and Jack pursuing him.

"All yours, men!" I duck into a tunnel and North follows.

Bunny appears out of a chimney, "Ho ho ho!" He throws a boomerang and it takes out a couple of nightmares.

Off in the distance I saw North pop up from a chimney. "Hyah!" He looks over his shoulder at the fray. "Wrong roof."

I jump at Pitch who flees in that direction, so North is able to knock out his steed from under him. Pitch lands on the ground below. North attacks first, followed by me interspersed with Tooth, then Jack, who kicks him away.

The four of us stand poised for Pitch to make his next move.

Y/n's POV

The kids and i stand near each other having taken out all the nightmares. The dream sand swirls around us. Caleb sticks his hands in it with a gleeful look on hid face. "Look at that!"

Jamie stood next to him with a thoughtful face.

"I got it. I know what we have to do! Let's go, come on!" He starts running and we quickly follow.

Bunnymund's POV

We all stand in front of Pitch cornering him.

"It's over, Pitch. There's no place to hide." Jack is the first to speak.

Pitch disappears into the shadows and laughs. We all turn around looking for him. He reappears behind Jack

I shout at him. "Jack, look out!" I hurtle a boomerang at Pitch, who stumbles just long enough for a golden whip to wrap around Pitch's wrist.

Pitch gets yanked all the way to a swirling mass of golden sand. Jack and the rest of us look hopeful. Out of the glow comes Sandman, smirking at Pitch, who can't believe his eyes. Sandman yanks him close, then tsks him silently. He punches Pitch into the air while still hanging onto Pitch by his whip. It looks like a balloon string.

The kids and Y/n walk up to him with the glasses kid speaking. "The Sandman!"

Sandy creates a bowler hat and tips it to the children. Jamie gives a salute in response. They all start clamoring excitedly. Sandman notices his whip is twitching, so yanks Pitch down to the ground. He jumps for joy as we gather around him.

"Sandy!" Tooth smiles as North laughs and lifts Sandy up in his excitement

"Mate you are a sight for sore eyes." I tell him.

Butterflies flutter around Pitch's head as he dozes thanks to Sandman's attack.