Y/n walked to be in front of him and sat down criss crossed. Her hands laid in her lap as she eyed him pitifully. He looked up and they made eye contact. Eyes really were the windows to the soul. And his soul was so sad right now.

"What are you doin here?" He asked.

"I came here with my family for the Easter egg hunt." He winced at the mention of it.

"What happened Bunny?"

He sighed through his nose. "You wouldn't understand. There's too much you don't know, shouldn't know. "

I straightened up. "Try me."

He watched me and snorted. "Okay sheila--"

"Y/n. My name is Y/n Bennett."

He quietly huffed. "Y/n. You know who the boogeyman is? Well, his name is Pitch Black and he's bad, really bad. He's trying to get rid of all the kids' belief in us and spread fear in the world again. He wants us gone, he already killed Sandy." He looks down in sadness.

I almost gasped. He killed the Sandman? But how? Aren't they immortal, they can't die! I didn't voice this however, I just nodded at Bunny to continue.

"He copied Sandy's dream dust and made some kind of nightmare dust. He makes these horse creatures out of it and calls them nightmares."

"I've seen one. The night you were all in Jamie's room." He just nodded.

"That was when Sandy was killed. After that a lot of kids stopped believing. Easter was the way to make things better but he destroyed even that. He destroyed all the eggs before we could hide them. Kids all over are disappointed. I feel them losing hope, stopping to believe." His ears fell and he almost seemed to shrink in on himself.

I grabbed his paw and held it. His head jerked up to look at me, surprised. I gave him a squeeze to try to comfort him.

I licked my lips before speaking. "Then that just means you can't lose hope. That's your whole thing right? Hope? You can't stop now, the kids need you most now. Not all is lost yet. Try to hold Pitch back and do your best to bring believers back. Make them believe again, give them their hope back. You can't lose hope now, not when you need it most."

Bunny sat there in a stunned silence. He had to admit she was right. He couldn't give up now, not when they needed him the most now.

He quickly stood up and Y/n followed suit, a little confused at his actions. Was he okay now?

He smiled and brought a paw up to Y/n's face and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Thanks sheila." He thumped the ground falling into one of his tunnels.

Y/n blinked a few times wondering if that actually just happened. Did he just kiss her? She looked down at the ground and saw a F/F planted where his tunnel closed up. She knelt down and plucked it. She smelled it with a small smile before walking home.

She walks up to the house and sees Jamie is trying to reach for something in the gutter of the rooftop. Y/n eyes Jamie at his odd behaviour. She gasps as he loses his balance on the ladder and only breaks his fall by clinging to the gutter as it's pulled off. He shouts as he crashes to the ground. Jamie looks up, but the 'egg' turns out to be a colorful tennis ball.

"Jamie! Are you okay?"

Jamie stands up, "Let's check that park again!"

"Really?" Caleb sighed.

"For what? The Easter Bunny?" Claude remarks. I frown at that.

"Guys, I told you! I saw him! He's way bigger than I thought! And he's got these cool boomerang things." Jamie gestures with his words.

"Ugh, grow up Jamie..." Caleb says. I glare at the boy.

"Oh man, seriously?" Claude backs up his brother.

Jamie's friends stand around in a half-circle, looking incredibly downtrodden. I watch with worry in my eyes. These poor kids and all because the boogeyman. My fists clenched as I thought about what I'd do to him if I ever saw him.

Jamie frowns at his friends. "What's happened to you guys?"

Caleb explodes at Jamie. "It was a dream! You should be happy you still get dreams like that and not..."

Cupcake pipes up. "Nightmares." The kids all turn away. Now Pitch was really going to get it.

Pippa sighs. "Forget it, Jamie. There's just no Easter this year."

Jamie tries to protest, "He really is real! ... I know he is."

I put an arm around Jamie's shoulders as his friends walked away.

"It's okay bud, they'll come around."

He looks up at me. "You believe me don't you Y/n? I saw you there. You had to have seen them!" He seems to be desperate now.

I smile and say, "I'll always believe bub. I know what we saw."

That seems to cheer him up a little and we head inside unaware of what would happen later that night.

A little while later at the North Pole

Pitch talked to the empty room, "Only six left - six precious children who still believe in the Guardians with all their hear-- Make that five!" He chuckles as he steps on one on top of the globe, then another. "Four~!" Another step."Three~! Two~!" He snaps his fingers, then again. He looks at the last two lights with a snarl. He glared in anger at the last two lights.