Short Stories: Of scars and festivals

Start from the beginning

A couple of minutes earlier.

You couldn't believe they sent Sanzu of all the men available sitting on that table. You knew it was most likely Mikey's indirect order, that and they all being pissed at the stupid idiot still attempting to woo you. You've lost count of how many times you've turned him down, even with a strong shut your trap phrase. He just didn't get it.

You didn't realize when Sanzu reached your side, but a cold shiver ran down your spine when you looked up at him. A murderous aura surrounded the pink-haired man. "Do you need something with my girl?" Ignoring the sparks in your belly at the words he used to describe you, you noticed that his voice was void of emotions as a hand rested on the small of your back. This didn't smell good; Sanzu was too calm.

The movement of his arm caught your eye; you knew where it was heading, his gun holster. As fast as you could, you clung to his arm, almost wrapping your legs to his waist; he stumbled a little. That took Sanzu by surprise, and he blinked, kind of lost in your attempts to stop him.

"Look, man, I think you are the one interrupting here," Was this imbecile suicidal!? How dense can you be!? You internally screamed at his stupidity. That didn't even make sense. Didn't this brute see how you were literally dangling from Sanzu's torso?

And as if your internal prayers for help were answered, Kakucho and Takeomi appeared.

"Is there a problem here?" Takeomi's rough voice made the unknown man jump on his place.

Seeing as the man stood petrified, Kakucho tried to shake him up. "You should go," calmly spoke Kakucho, but a warning tone was still very much present. Meanwhile, Takeomi took out a lighter for his cigarette.

The man seemed lost and probably blurted out the first thought that came to his mind, "What is she to you anyway," but this time, there was a tremble in his voice, and his eyes didn't look straight into any of your companions'.

"My girl," answered Kakucho and Takeomi simultaneously; it was like a natural response. A strange sensation filled your chest; it was warm. It was the first time they acknowledged what you were to them in public and to someone else. A whole zoo was currently inhabiting your stomach.

The unknown man seemed to realize the situation he was in. Kind of late, but still, the realization hit him like a bucket of cold water. Their posture, their eyes, their essence itself screamed danger. The unknown man felt like he could die any minute; his eyes couldn't help look at their scares like he didn't have control over his actions.

If there weren't that many people, you would have jumped in excitement. It was amazing how not a single word was exchanged between them, but Sanzu already knew what the other two were doing. Having three very intimidating men staring you down does work because no one second went by, and the idiot ran away without saying anything. But not before Sanzu being his petty self, bumped shoulders with him.

Now, the four of you made your way back to the table. You climbed down from Sanzu, who didn't want to let you down at first, but Kakucho intervened.

"Why are you smiling so much?" A laughing Takeomi commented as he saw you all bubbly walking with them. You weren't hiding your happiness after all, "are sanzu's sadistic tendencies beginning to rub on you?" Sanzu and Kakucho chuckled at that last comment. As if—both thought.

You shook your head, "nop," and you smiled even more, "it's just that," a tiny laugh left your lips as your cheeks reddened, "you called me yours. I liked it," that innocent honesty is your weapon, and Takeomi, Sanzu, and Kakucho know how dangerous of a wielder you are. The three men abruptly stopped in their tracks. You questioningly eyed them; it looked like their brains stopped working for a second. You were about to poke Kakucho when suddenly you were being lifted from the floor. "Sanzu! Put me down!" you squealed,

"Only if you say that again," the blue color was back in his eyes, and it held a spark of mischief in them.

"Okay, okay, but put me down first!" even the tip of your ears was bright red, "People are staring." You whispered.

"Don't think so," smugly added Takeomi, "I also want to hear you say that again, Sanzu keep her up."

"Kaku-chan! Help!" But Bonten's number 3 didn't comply; on the contrary, a smirk appeared on his face, indicating he agreed with the other two. "Okay, you are meanies," you pouted in hopes of appeasing them, but all efforts were futile. They still waited for your answer. "I- I like being yours," you bashfully looked away.

"And we love calling you ours, now, say it with our names," demand Takeomi.

"Takeomi!!" You squirmed in Sanzu's arms.

Sadly, you didn't understand how important that statement of yours was. A statement of acceptance. It represented how much your relationship had advanced and how comfortable you felt with them. Accidentally giving them words of affirmation was such a you-thing to do. If they were protective before, you had no idea what you just unleashed.

Meanwhile, at the table

"This is so unfair; look at them; all lovey-dovey." The younger Haitani didn't understand why he felt that way, and it just infuriated him more.

"Rindou, shut up," and in a similar emotional situation sat Kokonoi.

"You know, Y/N does like you, Rindou," Mikey munched on a chocolate-covered banana, "She's not one of your whores; you need to keep at an arm's length."

"It's called jealousy, Rindou," popped in Mochi after bringing shaved ice from a near stand, "that sour face you're making."

"Listen, why don't we help Sanzu with whatever he has planned for that son of a bitch from earlier, and then we see what we can do with our little lamb," proposed Ran to his brother, seeing that he was about to explode.

"How do you-" Kokonoi began to ask Ran.

"I saw Sanzu taking that bastard's wallet, I suppose for an address," darkly chuckled Ran, "we all know that wouldn't end there."

"Did he?" Kokonoi was impressed with Sanzu's behavior lately, "Sanzu is keeping his composure, that is a sight to see."

"Of course he is," Mikey added, "wouldn't want to scare our dear Y/N just yet."