Bucky

I was shaken slightly to wake up and the room was unclear. I rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hand. Fuck, my head was pounding.

There was Steve on his one knee shaking me. "God, Buck you scared the shit out of me" Worriness was spread on his face as I stood up taking my surroundings. I was in fact still in the closet.

"What happened"

"You didn't show up yesterday and I thought you just needed some time for yourself, but you haven't been seen anywhere. This morning I checked your room and found you here, passed out on the floor with 3 empty bottles of whiskey." Talking, more like lecturing me I stood up going to bed. I found painkillers on the shelf and a bottle of water on my nightstand. Feeling like my head will explode I wanted to double the dose, but I will probably drug myself.

"Let's go downstairs" Steve removed his hand from my shoulder and stood up making his way out of the room.

My head was slowing down the beating and I already felt a bit better. Practically hearing my stomach yell at me, I didn't complain and headed downstairs with Steve.

Downstairs was a huge mess. Everyone was on their feet carrying boxes, bags and different kinds of equipment. "What the hell is going on here?" I asked Steve, more like whispered in his ear. "Pal, those are Ernaline's men" There was a moment of silence between us. "You know?"

"Well, everyone got to know this morning, and Sam told me last night so.......... yeah. I know.  Ernaline even made a paper statement on it." Paper statement? Was that really necessary? Oh, she's mad mad. Oh well, I knew the moment I stepped in that office I was playing with fire, but I guess I like it when it burns.

"I don't know what happened, that's between you two, but what I do know is that Natasha and I had to come back from New York from our week off to deal with your shit" Fuck I forgot about that too. Why is everything falling apart? It seems my life is becoming more and more messed up after she left.

"I'm sorry pal, I should've been more responsible with the work. I will make it up to you. Both of you." I replied in an apologetic tone. I promised Steve he could get time off work whenever he needs and how much he wants, but here he is back after 4 days. He was supposed to stay for 10 more.

Ernaline's POV:

"Hello?"

"Hey, good evening Thomas. I'm sorry to bother you, but could you write me a form for tomorrow? Our deal with Mr Barnes is off" Walking towards my office's bathroom, I was giving some directions to my assistant.
Now when I think about it, Thomas is the reason this deal was made in the first place. He made James show up in my meeting room. Dumb bitch didn't know who he was.

When I opened one of the drawers, I found my box with extra clothes that I needed. "Sure ma'am, it's truly no problem" Sometimes I feel like it is, but he's too nice to say no. Oh well, his problem not mine.

"Thank you, oh and please send it to them. See you tomorrow." I hung up the phone not letting him respond.

As I picked some of my binders with paperwork I needed to get done, I locked doors and headed out.

Did I cry like a baby in my bathroom for half an hour? Yes.
Am I going to let it happen again? Absolutely no.

I felt the urge to say his words didn't sting. But they did. He didn't trust me. He thought I was working with my father. He thought I was just like my father, that I was using him.

Drive was silent as I needed to clear my mind from everything and everyone.

It hurt, but I will shove it somewhere in the corner.