Text 23: Ugly Side Of Me

A/N: Hey there guyz! So sorry it has been so long since the last Text. I originally had got tied up with a month-long contest, then after that I just kept getting busy with work and family issues and other things and I apologize I've been away from our beloved TFAS. =( I'm here to deliver a pretty deep chapter that won't be a lot of cheery, so I'm sorry that won't be here. Hope you all enjoy as we all learn more about Yugi's past together~ ☕

WARNINGS: Offensive language, bullying, homophobia, dark past (cutting, depression)

[DISCLAIMER] I do not own these Yu-Gi-Oh! characters.

-------------------------------------------

Text 23: Ugly Side Of Me

I learned it was still hard... with getting over Miku. Kuriboh was aloof and a nice cat, but I still found myself thinking on Miku, and really missing him...

It was weird because some days I would be okay, but then some I would just be reminded and it would remain as a constant reminder.

The new job in Renka really helped with getting my mind off it... and the pay was actually more, so I could start saving more. I still popped into Burger World when I could to say hi to the old crew - and get free food from Jaden.

It was weird, but I was oddly starting to feel more grown up.

I would still sometimes feel uneasy at the start of everyday, especially when walking into school. Yami seemed to pick up on this, because he was constantly there and reassuring me.

Like today, he was there without me having to utter a word.

"It's going to be okay, remember you have all of your friends by your side." Yami smiled and squeezed my hand. "And you have me as well."

How could I fight with that? Especially when Yami was giving me that endearing look... I smiled.

"Thanks, Yami."

He leaned in to give me a soft peck on the lips, which I still blushed from. His smile was as striking as lightning.

"Anytime, aibou."

After that we went ahead to our shared class before we were late.

. * . * . * .

It was now time during school to get some studying done in the library; the majority of our group went there while the others went who knows where (honestly, Joey probably went back to the cafeteria for seconds and thirds, and Malik may have followed him).

Yami and I sat near Ryou as we studied on math together - the subject that was giving us the most trouble this time around. Anzu was around somewhere gathering reference material for an important project.

"This is most infuriating." Yami muttered quietly after a few tense seconds of staring at the work sheet in front of us.

"Yep," I sighed out as I leaned back in my chair, stretching my arms above my head. "I call for a break, maybe go see if Anzu needs any help." Anything to get out of this uncomfortable chair...

Yami perked up at this. "A break is needed."

And with that, we both got up and motioned to Ryou where we were going - how he understood our hand gestures, I'll never know. Then again, he does put up with Malik most of the time, so that could be why.

We went through the library looking for a familiar brunette and found her looking intently at a book.

"Trying to decide the book's worth? C'mon, that's no fair to the book!" I couldn't help but tease, feeling a certain pep in my mood and I narrowly avoided getting hit with said book.