-『𝟛』-

"....I'm taking Namjoon?"

Kim Nam Joon, the one man I've always been close with since the beginning of dinosaurs; my childhood.

We'd been an inseparable duo since we were born. People call it a destined bond even. Our moms both knew each other from college and I only lived a ten-minute walk away from his house. Joon and I had grown up together. Back then I'd splatter words to everyone informing them that he was my best friend every chance I could because I thought he was cool--and he was-- practically his whole life.

Since the beginning, it was a friendship bonded to always be special, and we were very good at maintaining that goal. We're practically the same person in terms of personality though he was always a lot better than me. We argue a lot and it did annoy the hell out of me sometimes.

He's the only guy that I'm brave enough to hang out alone with, to punch at, to spit at his shoes, to heckle and bribe some money from-- just basically everything without second guesses.

Most importantly, he's the one and only man I'd let myself be vulnerable with. Because Joon would immediately understand instead of lingering to find out. He'd give advice without making me feel sorry for myself. I don't feel like I was being pitied when he did it, I've always felt cared for. For a person like myself, I need that.

But still, even after all this, I feel my heart clenching itself. After the day we parted, the day to promise we'll catch up to each other - everything went blurry after. It happened so fast, I panicked a lot, and we lost connection.

I still vividly remember that moment. That day, the day we last saw each other. It was not at all a parting that I intend to have. It was unpleasant.

It turns out, one of us felt more about our friendship. Joon confessed just before he was about to leave to study further. He told me that he liked me. At that time, I was conflicted, I didn't know what to say because I honestly don't have a clue about whatever is happening to my feelings. There were times I wanted to reciprocate, but then it felt wrong. It was too much, and I went with what I was happy with, and I was happy with the current relationship.

In the end, I told him I didn't feel the same. Namjoon must've taken it to his heart because after that, we rarely interacted. But that's unlikely, he's steel-hearted. There might be other reasons.

My hands tremble at the thought of meeting him again. I shouldn't be feeling like this at all, it sucks. I should be happy, not hyperventilating like crazy!

As my mind wanders far off, I find myself cruising down the empty highway, already on my way to pick up said friend.

I never reached out to him, I tried to, but it was from an unknown account and I felt like stalking him so I stopped not long ago. Though I wonder why he never did it too. I don't think the rejection would stop him from calling my family. Again, he's steel-hearted and family's always his thing. I was sure he'd reach out to me at some point, maybe to Hong-Nan or mom-- but there was never a message from the guy. I was pretty sure he got involved in a crime and stopped contacting us so we're protected. Knowing Joon, he'll definitely be in those types of scenarios.

Well shit, I know nothing about him and so does him about me.

The illuminating lights from the airport reach my view even when I'm still far. The parking lots were only filled by several cars. Fancy cars, and here I am with my motorbike.

As I stroll along, I begin to question myself as to why I agree to this. I'm embarrassing myself. This is going to be my first encounter with Joon after 11 whole years and I'm strolling in with a pinkish motorbike with a delivery bag on its back, dressed in a jacket and a tunic along with a big helmet that's too big for my head?