12 | don't go

anything with an indent is spoken in teyvat language

anything with normal font is spoken in english

also i want to clarify that whenever someone is speaking like 'this', that they're thinking in their native language more or so

-

later that night . . .

after a painstakingly long day ivy had finally left the house. the night was finally winding down at y/n's residence, as the only sound that could be heard throughout the building was small chatter.

y/n's stream ended the moment the cake had come out of the oven, as they wanting nothing but to just lay down on their bed and ponder over the events that occured. luckily enough for them; aether and albedo had volunteered to let klee and qiqi sleep with them. (though albedo shared a room with childe and zhongli, he would prefer peace and quiet when sleeping— which was not what happened often in the shared bedroom...)

y/n flopped face first onto their bed and let out a muffled squeal into their pillow. silence engulfed the room shortly after, as their deep breathing had been silenced by the pillow.

'my god, i can't believe that actually happened...'

turning over again, y/n then began to stare at the roof of their wall, suddenly questioning if this was now a part of their reality or not. letting out a loud shaky breath, y/n closed their eyes to try and get some shut eye.

it ended up working for a while, until y/n began to have a nightmare. it didn't take long for them to start stirring in their sleep— and it didn't take that long for two certain boys to notice.

1:35 am

kazuha and xiao seemed to be the only two awake, seeing as though the house dropped to dead silence.

kazuha wasn't able to sleep due to the many thoughts circling around his brain, whilst xiao... well— xiao doesn't really sleep, unless he feels highly comforted in doing so.

xiao startles himself as he shifts around on the couch, suddenly noticing kazuha silently staring at him.

"what are you looking at me for?" xiao questions, though his tone is more on the quieter side in order to not disturb anyone in the house.

kazuha sat up on the connecting couch and lightly shrugged. he then burrito wrapped himself with the blanket he had, feeling the sudden coldness of the air conditioner on his skin. "nothing really. i just wanted to understand you more."

the teal haird boy stiffened for a moment as he didn't expect that sort of answer. "you... wanting to understand me? but why?"

kazuha looked away from the boy for a short moment, letting out a short sigh. "since there's no possible way to go back go our homeland, i figured we might as well become friends..."

"friends? i prefer to be alone." xiao answers. the concept of having friends was very foreign to him, since he found comfort in being by himself. "though i suppose... we can become friends— just don't think anything too highly of it. i do not do well with social interactions..."

the white haired boy looked back at xiao, this time with a grin adorning his face. "there's always a first time for everything, like how this is our first time being here."

xiao let out a hum as he quietly agreed. "it's quite unusual how we ended up here."

the boy then thought back to how what he was doing before the sudden teleportation happened. xiao was simply just laying down upon the roof of the wangshu inn, when all of a sudden a bright golden light had swallowed him up— which led him to the house he now resided in.