November 8th 2021 | y/n

Começar do início

"But there were times that I needed a dad." A teardrop falls down my face.

"Y/n.." He murmurs. "I didn't have a dad to teach me to ride a bike, Evan taught me to ride a bike. I didn't have a dad to tell my first boyfriend to get me home before 8:00. You weren't there!" I shout and point.

I shove him by his chest. "When I cried alone in my room, I didn't have anyone. Mom always worked and you- you weren't there!" I yell and step away, forcing myself to not punch him in the face.

I sigh and wipe my face of tears. I put on a fake smile. "Did your schools ever have daddy-daughter dances?" I ask. He nods slowly, he knows just where this is going.

"When I was twelve, my school was hosting one of those. All the girls were so excited about the pretty dresses they were going to wear. I got home and told mom about it. She asked if I wanted her to go with me." I choke on my words.

"I told her it'd be lame. And everyone'd know I didn't have a dad. Do you hear how rude that was?!" I push him again. He bites his fingernails.

I look up at him. "So no, you can't be my dad! You- Because you will either disappoint me worse than you already have... Or you'll be perfect. And I need you to stay the guy who abandoned me at birth. The immature teen who bastardized me."

Swiftly, he leaves the house. He didn't even try to convince me he could be the second option. With no fight left in me, I collapse to the tile. "Y/n?" I hear. Oh, great.

I sob and hold myself up by my hands. "Y/n, talk to me." Clay pleads. I shake my head pick up my phone. I stare at the thing, my vision incredibly blurry. A tear falls onto the screen. I hang up the call and throw it across the room.

I crawl from the kitchen into the living room. I lay my head against the couch and hold my watery eyes in my hands. I sob and wail. I'd do anything for anyone right now.

I'm in pain and alone.

10:39 P.M

I've been sitting here crying, absolutely exhausted for god knows how long. All the lonely childhood moments are coming back around in my head.

I hear the door open, normally I'd feel fear, but I genuinely don't have the strength to stand or care. I continue sobbing and I wipe my red and glassy eyes, but tears keep falling.

I turn my head up at the person that's appeared in my house. I immediately recognize features that I know belong to Clay. "Who- Who are you?" I try to say. It comes out as more senseless cries. "It's me, it's me." He looks down. His voice is unforgettable to me.

Just who I know.

He kneels down in front of me. "My god y/n, you've been here the whole time." He wipes my eyes, to no avail. I dig my head into his chest and wail, yet it's muffled.

I'm too distraught to truly take in how gorgeous this man is at the moment. Sure I've thought about his face, even figured he'd be attractive, but it's different when it's real. I can feel his broad shoulders. I can watch his beautiful green eyes soften.

He wraps his arms around my back. My heart races in my chest. He pulls me to my feet, but legs too weak to stand on their own. He keeps his tight hold on me so I can stay standing.

He moves his arms to my waist to a more natural positioning. My arms slowly drag to his back. "Clay- I don't-" I'm out of breath. Fatigued from crying. He sits his chin on my head and kisses the top of my head.

"I know, I know." He shushes me. "You're going to make yourself sick if you cry like this." He rubs my back. His voice is too comforting. He lays his cheek to my head.

"He l- lef- Here- Why- H-" I can't get any of it out properly. With every letter a new sentence begins. Too many thoughts in my mind to speak. He moves one hand to my head to stroke my hair.

My knees buckle. He wraps his other arm around me fully and tightens his grip. I weep and weep in his arms. "I'm here, I'm here for you." He kisses my head once more. I lay my forehead against his chest and sniffle.

His hand on my waist stays right there to hold me up. "Do you want to go up to your room?" He asks me. I look up from his chest and stare into his eyes.

"You don't have to do all this." I mumble.

"I do." He moves a bit of hair behind my ear. He sighs and leans down a bit. "Okay. Three, two, one." He swings me up into his arms in a bridal carry. I wipe my nose with my sleeve.

He begins walking me up the stairs. He looks around a moment. He recognizes a door as the one to my bedroom and walks in. He sets mr down at the foot of my bed.

"I'm going to go out there and wait for you to get ready for bed. Tell me when you're done, then I'll settle on the couch." He smiles and leans down. He kisses my forehead then leaves and stands outside by the door.

I stand up and my legs shake. I walk over to my closet. I grab a pair of dolphin shorts and a white graphic tee. I take the spaghetti straps off of my purple tank and slip my sweat shorts off. I change.

I walk into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I brush through my hair. "Y/n?" Clay calls. I walk out of the bathroom. "Come in." I say just loud enough so he'll hear.

I sit onto the foot of the bed and Clay walks in. He looks at me. "Hi." I whisper. "Do you want my help?" He asks me. I shake my head and stand and walk to my side of the bed. I flip my comforter off to the side and settle into the sheets.

I lay down and wipe my cheeks. Clay stuffs his hands into the pockets of his sweats. I probably look very uncomfortable, I am very uncomfortable. Clay makes his way back out of the room.

"Clay-" I call. He turns around fully. I sit up nervously. He walks closer to me. I stare up at him.

"When I was a kid... I shared a bed with my mom. And it always made me uh-" I sniffle and wipe my nose. "It always made me feel better with the- uh- close proximity." I say and look down at my hands.

He doesn't make me say it again for his ego, thank god. He lays down on the other side of the bed. First, he lays farther from me, then he fully understands my request.

"So you want me to-"

"Yeah."

He moves flush against my back. I lift up my torso and he slides his right arm under me. I lay back down on the arm. "I'm not hurting you, am I?" I ask. "No, it's fine." He says to me.

My hands lay beside each other. I feel his right hand creep by my face, rubbing my cheek. His left hand moves and holds my two hands. His hands are bigger than I would have thought. I nuzzle my face into his hand. He chuckles snuggles up to the back of my neck.

"Goodnight y/n." His breath against my neck causes the hair to stand. My breath hitches. "Goodnight Clay, and thank you." I smile down into his hand. "Of course." He says to me.