Chapter Twenty-Seven: Control

Start from the beginning

"What time is it?" I asked yawning.

"Like around five." Jazz said. "I should get you something to eat."

"Thank you, Jazz." Ashton and I said. He nodded and left.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Everyone's out back waiting for you." Kyle said.

"I'll go, I need a few people to stay with Myra till she's ready." Ashton said. "Zyre, Marce, and Seth stay here. Everyone else, let's go." When they all left I just frowned.

"I've never seen him so demanding and firm before." I said. "It's weird, terrifying."

"He's always been that way." Zyre said looking out of the window. "He just never wanted you to be exposed to it."

"I thought he was talking about his rage..." I mumbled.

"Ashton's rage is worse than his demands. And if he says he took out part of a nation just out of anger...I'd hate to be on the enemies side." Marce said.

"He wants what's best for you." Seth said. "We all do. Ashton sees it like this: if you're safe he's happy. It's a legit way to see things. He puts you before everything else, Myra."

"Yeah, and right now a group of idiots have decided to fuck with what's his, they'll learn." Zyre said. Jazz walked in with all kinds of food.

"Charmelle." Jazz said without me even bothering to ask. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. He shook his head.

"I'm guessing I should be outside with everyone else." He said running a frustrated hand through his hair. "So, see you when I see you." While I ate the boys told me stories about Ashton from when they were younger. When I finished we all headed outside to where you could hear the astonishment of everyone. I walked over to Ashton who immediately pulled me to him. There were gasps from everyone, I felt a soft blush warm my cheeks.

"Why is the council after us?" A member asked.

"Because of our pack history, and strength." Ashton said. "Because the founder of the council and of Fenris Amoux was more powerful than every single one of the packs combined."

"I thought the council was on our side!" Someone shouted.

"So did we." Ashton said. "The council has tried to attack my soul mate on several counts. My soul mate is like you-a purebred werewolf. She has done nothing to provoke them. The council has teamed up with our enemies to take us all down. They won't be satisfied until each and every one of us is erased off the face of the earth."

"Do they want you?" A female asked. "Because you're a hybrid?"

"They want my mates womb." Ashton said. "They want my cubs."

"Why?"

"Because my soul mate is the product of a Guardian." Ashton said. Quinn stepped into view. "This man right here, is a Guardian, also the father of Kai Alexander Gray and of Myra Mirandinelle Devereux." Ashton nodded to Quinn to explain.

"As most of you know, Guardian's are created by the spirits, we are one fourth of every species. I was sent down to procreate and to protect what is mine, which is my daughter."

"Did she inherit anything from you, holy one?" Someone asked.

"Guardians cannot create spirit children. Only spirits can. Myra was created to give birth to spirit children who would balance the world out. These children will make history, and the council doesn't want that. The council wants to ruin her and abuse her womb." Quinn explained. "The only way that this can work is with her soul mate, Alpha Ashton. By him being half-shifter, half-werewolf it balances everything out." Quinn said.