♔︎|4|♔︎

TW: Gore and blood

William's POV

It was nighttime now, I finished having a meal with Mr. Holmes, it felt nice to talk with someone who can understand me.

I was sitting on a chair reading a newspaper about another killer on the loose.

This one was interesting, They killed women that were prostitutes, and it seems They drew a cross over their foreheads, the women's eyes were torn out of their sockets.

Their lower jaw dislocated.

And each one's head were cut off and hanged on a funeral stone..which interestingly had their own names on it.

Perhaps this person knew these people and maybe is taking revenge on them.

Now that's something a person would think of but it's the matter of how they were able to kill them.

Most of the women were able to fight back as most of them were prostitutes and had to fend themselves off.

The bodies were never found, just their eyes plucked out, and a cross on their head.

In total 4 women have been killed.

The police and investigators said that these women had no connection to eachother whatsoever.

I suspect that.
I stood up and walked to my bedside.

It's 3:28 am, I should probably sleep I suppose.

Sherlock's POV

Wherever I go there is always a case waiting for me to crack, although I don't hate this.

I actually love solving mysteries.
The case is kinda similar to Jack the ripper, but this is more gruesome.
I think this is a rather interesting case.

I freshened up and wore new clothes, it was cold but I don't usually get cold.

I wore a simple jacket over a white turtle neck.
My pants were the same colour as my jacket that was grey.

I walked downstairs and reached the hotel restaurant.
I went in and sat on a four-seater, the waiter was about to come before I noticed two familiar silhouettes that were blonde.

I quickly recognized them and walked towards them.

(A/N: I should've added "Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes" in this chapter, whatever I'll do something better I suppose. ;P)

I sat down and greeted the blonde brothers.

I suddenly noticed the one wearing the glasses who Liam introduced as Louis got irritated.

What did I even do!?

Suddenly I heard someone walking towards us and it seems this person knew Liam.

"WILL!"

The man had an aura of a gentle yet an upright man, his chestnut brown hair slicked back and emerald green eyes which shone with the lights in the restaurant.

His lips upholding a cheerful and happy smile that isn't too wide.

I can tell that a lot of women fight over him on a daily basis.

He walked up to us and sat down beside me.

"Oh Louis how are you? Will who's this?"

"I'm fine brother, I can see you are doing fine too."

The younger one spoke in a monotone yet gentle voice. It seems that the man is their brother, although I felt weirdly relieved for some reason.

"I'm Sherlock Holmes, but you can call me Sherlock. I'm Liam's friend."

I introduced myself.

I felt Louis flinch, did I do something?
Then I felt it..the atmosphere dropped three times lower..

The man cleared his throat and spoke.

"I see..so you are William's friend. Pleased to make your acquaintance Mr. Holmes, I'm Albert James Moriarty. The oldest of us brothers."

"..Likewise Mr. Moriarty."

Why do these two brothers seem irritated now? What did I do!?

It seems Mr. Albert works in the same office as him.

We decided to talk more with the cold atmosphere.

I finished having breakfast with the brothers and walked back to my room.

I pulled a lollipop from my desk and opened it. I threw away the wrapper in a nearby wastebin.

I ate the lollipop, the sweet watermelon flavour coating my mouth.

I didn't crush it as usual, I just kept it in my mouth.

Flashback

"Mr. Holmes did you read the news? It seems as though there's a new killer everywhere you go."

Liam asked me in a rather taunting way.
Two can play that game.

"But of course, surely Liam wouldn't think that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever?"

Liam looked at me and chuckled.

Woah..his facial expressions look sinister yet there's a weird gentleness to it.

It looked pleasing to the eye.

Louis cleared his throat and announced that they had to leave.

Ah..what a shame.

Flashback end

I took the liberty of understanding what might've happened to these women.

One thing that's common for these women were that originally they were supposed to be nuns. Ironically they went to the same church.

This is one connection of many.

It seems they abandoned their holy life because they all also left the church at the same time, then they all became prostitutes for money.

The cross may indicate that the killer knew them from their time at church.

I suppose let's pay the church a visit shall we?

𝕬𝖚 𝕽𝖊𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖗