Cause For Worry

[A/N: Lumine collapses suddenly due to not being fully recovered yet. Zhongli is luckily there to help her. Don't worry she'll be better and back to herself next chapter.]

........................................

"Of all the things you could've asked for, you asked for missing person posters!?"

Lumine simply sighed shaking her head at her companion's words. She had neither the patience nor the stamina right now to deal with her noisy fairy friend. Actually she still had a monster headache, though it wasn't as bad as it had been days ago. "Paimon, please not so loud..."hissed Lumine. 

"Oh is your head still bothering you from that fall  we took in Golden House?"the celestial fairy asked as they left the crowd in favor of where Zhongli was observing the city from. The fairy's gaze soon spotted him looking out to the harbor. So the girls hurried over as fast as they could. "Hey Zhongli!"the fairy called.

Zhongli looked over at spotting Lumine and offered a fond smile content as the petite blonde happily embraced him in greeting. "Ah my dear, Lumine and hello Miss Paimon."he greeted. Lumine still looked a bit pale in her complexion but she had improved a great deal from yesterday. Once he had gotten Xiao and Childe to behave themselves of course. Enough that she had been able to come observe the fruits of her labor that had helped make the Rite of PArting possible today. 

"They all look so sad thinking they'll never see Rex Lapis again and here you are just being all lovey dovey with Lumine and relaxed."whispered Paimon with a pout.

"Paimon!"squeaked Lumine turning fifty shades of red at her comment.

"Why wouldn't I be at ease, Miss Paimon? I have the one most dear to my heart at my side and I have layed down the burden I've carried for more then 3,700 years."chuckled Zhongli content to gently hold Lumine's hand and place a small kiss to it. Lumine in turn smiling if not looking adorably a bit bashful in his eyes. Though she still looked rather pained; Baizhu had warned them she would for awhile after what she went through.  With a gentle caress across her cheek Lumine let out a tired, pleased hum.

"I was going to take you girls out for dinner but I think it would be better if we head back. Are you feeling alright, my dear?"Zhongli asked in concern.

"Hm...honestly my head's killing me. But I'll be alright."Lumine tried to reassure her two companions. 

"I don't know you've been like this on and off since we left. Even Paimon notices you've been really off today. Actually Paimon thinks you better go back."Paimon pointed out crossing her arms from where she floated beside her blonde friend. 

"I have to agree, caution is a must. So let us return to my home for now, or rather ours."Zhongli urged in agreement. 

"Hm...alright. But can we leave right now?"Lumine hastily whispered.

Zhongli smiled at her, "Of course."

So being sure not to disturb the people taking part in the ceremony the trio left the pavilion behind them. Zhongli's sharp gaze never leaving Lumine as she walked just a little bit ahead of him as she fire away her questions about Inazuma and the Electro Archon. For now she seemed to be just as she said, suffering the headache from the injury to her head from her fall at golden house. But as they reached the pond area path that lead out of the city towards his home something seemed off. Actually she looked very unsteady to him as she stopped to rub her eyes. "This isn't good."he thought with increasing worry going to her side. 

"Lumine I will ask again, are you alright?"Zhongli asked as she seemed in a daze again.

"W-Why am I seeing two of everything?"she whimpered swaying unsteadily.

Zhongli knew what was about to happen and swooped in to grab her before her legs gave out from under her from her dizziness. "Looks like I'll just have to carry you back, my darling."sighed Zhongli holding her rather easily in his arms as she rested her head against his shoulder. 

"S-Sorry to worry you..."she mumbled wrapping her arms around securely around his neck and shoulders. This was so embarrassing but at least nobody but Paimon and Zhongli was seeing the state she was in. Too dizzy from her throbbing head that left her feeling tired and cranky at best. The infernal light of the sun now her enemy as she burried her face in the crook of his neck as he carried her away into the safety of his home. Zhongli then took Lumine over to the couch and set her down.

"Miss Paimon do you mind bringing the medicine Dr. Baizhu prescibed her?"he asked as he closed the curtains. The darkness it brought as a result made Lumine sigh in relief.

"Sure, Paimon will get it."Paimon nodded before flying off to the room Lumine and her had been using this entire time. Quick as can be Paimon came back with the herbal concoction vial and handed it to Lumine.

"Thanks."Lumine wasted no time just taking te bitter medicine as her face twisted in disgust. She despised the taste but it worked extremely well from her experience and it worked fast. It only took a few minutes before Zhongli saw her grow very drowsy as without a word she curled up to rest her head in his lap. Falling fast asleep almost the instant she had closed her eyes, looking content and at peace. A sleepy purring hum leaving the blonde traveler as she felt Zhongli's gentle motion of his hand coming to rest on her head while his thumb stroked her cheek. Yes being here, snuggled close made her feel safe and warm. Zhongli though felt a peace he hadn't felt in such a long time, not sense the Goddess of Dust. 

Carefully he motioned for quiet and Paimon nodded with a small quiet giggle before she flew away and came back with a throw blanket and put it over her friend. Yes for now Lumine was just starting to recover but once she was better nothing would stop her. Zhongli knew all too well that Lumine intended to go back to Monstandt to go see the Windblume Festival once she was. He just hoped that damn bard didn't go off and do something that would force his hand and test the temper of the God of Contracts.

To Be Continued...