Of Flowers And Ballista

[A/N: This quest kinda pulled my hair out a bit when I did it cause those darn enemies kept falling off into weird corners. But that was mostly my fault cause I love corning the enemy(literally) and just smack them silly with my sword or lance users. XD Zhongli for the first time tells Lumine that Rex Lapis had a partner that created the ballista. Lumine starts to see Zhongli differently and Zhongli starts noticing things about Lumine.]

.........................................................

Lumine wasn't going to lie, that lady that ran the perfume shop had left her feeling extremely uncomfortable from what Zhongli had noticed. However the young blonde seemed very fond of flowers and knew her fair share of knowledge and eagerness to learn. When he had praised her, saying she would no doubt make her foot hold in Tevyet's history she had dismissed it in embarrassment. Saying she was, "Just a traveler looking for her family." to him. How could this remarkable, intelligent yet feisty woman think she was not something so remarkable!? But, Zhongli had to quietly remind himself that she did not know the truth of whom he was. 

For now, it must remain that way.

To his surprise though Lumine seemed to like not only the first scent of the perfumes they offered up but also the third. It had been subtle but his deep amber eyes had seen the way Lumine's face lit up in joy at the scents. But now, she had left with her fairy companion to go fetch the Cleansing Bell. Leaving him alone here at his statue and his thoughts. To his amazement the statue, once worn down with age and the elements had been restored. "It looks just like it did the day the people of Liyue first created them..."he thought with amazement. It was faint but he could feel traces of an unknown, primitive element. An element long forgotten that could so easily bend the seven elements to the will of the user.

Even fainter was Lumine's scent that smelled strongly of flowers under starlight. The scent was very peculiar to him yet brought such nostalgia. The scent was ethereal like her smile and the way her honey amber eyes shined like the moon on the water's surface. He let out a drawn out sigh looking up to the clear skies. "I suppose I should head back and find her. Miss Lumine should have retrieved the bell from Madame Ping by now."he thought starting up the stairs. But his thoughts kept wandering back to times far more innocent, when the scent of glaze lilies and earth would always welcome him with that same cheerful smile.

 But his thoughts kept wandering back to times far more innocent, when the scent of glaze lilies and earth would always welcome him with that same cheerful smile

Ok how the heck had it come to this insanity!?

Lumine felt pure frustration and confusion as she tried to wrap her head around what the heck this "cocogoat" that little, sweet Qiqi want was. They had been at this for hours now and still nothing, zilch, nada!! Of course before hand they had run into Childe but...Lumine felt some guilt as she remembered the look on the ginger's face. 

"Something bothering you, Miss Lumine?"asked Zhongli having noticed her sea of emotions.

"I-I think I might have said something I shouldn't to Childe...I noticed he looked rather hurt when we left."she admitted.