Hart said nothing else and proceeded to leave the area. Everyone else seemed very suspicious of this, but they were curious about why the Mayor wanted to see them.

"Guess we're supposed to follow," Barret scoffed, not liking the idea, but what choice do they have?

The group followed Hart up an escalator to the sixty-second floor and walked through an automated door. The room they walked into was a massive library, with wooden columns shaped in a circular chamber with bookcases lining the walls. The area is set up as a series of concentric rings, with each inner circle being set in a lower open space. A middle ring connects to the inner area below, where desks and chairs stand around a short central pillar. There were millions of books that filled the entire library. Yet, it seemed that hardly anyone was using the library or the library was closed.

"Look at this place!" Barret exclaimed.

Tifa and Barret were amazed at how many books were in the library. Cloud and Sara weren't all that surprised.

Barret turned to Hart, "So what you telling me the Mayor's some kind of crazy bookworm?"

Hart groaned annoyingly and gestured the group to follow him. The group was still suspicious of Hart, but they proceeded to follow him. Hart stops in front of one of the many bookshelves and pushes one of the leather-back books, which causes the bookshelf in front of them to slide and pull back, revealing a hidden stairwell. Hart goes up the stairs while the others follow him. They go up to the library's highest floor, and Hart stands in front of a door nearby.

"Through here," Hart said.

"If this is a trap, you're a dead man, y'hear?" Barret warned Hart.

The group heard a slight chuckle, and everyone looked at Sara, confused. Yet, Sara only shook her head as if it was nothing.

"The Mayor is waiting," Hart spoke as if he wasn't afraid of Barret's threat.

Cloud was the first to go into the room, followed by the others. Inside is a dimly lit room with a large wooden desk, two couches in the middle of the room with a coffee table at the center. Both sides of the room had several large screens with security footage. Behind the desk were several trophies. When everyone walked into the room, they couldn't help but wonder if this was the mayor's office. It sure didn't look like an office for a public figure.

"This can't be right," Barret said, looking at the room confused.

"Wonderful! You finally made it!" A cheerful voice said.

Everyone looked at the desk, and standing up from his seat was an older bald man with average built with fair skin, light green eyes, with a gray mustache and beard. He wears a brown dress suit, a dark red vest over a white dress shirt, a black ascot, a dark brown leather belt, and brown dress pants.

"I am the mayor of the great metropolis of mako—Domino, at your service."

Cloud, Tifa, and Barret were surprised that they were looking at the Mayor of Midgar. He didn't seem that surprised by their shocking reactions.

"I must say, you four haven't exactly been discreet," Domino said and pushed a few buttons on his computer.

The group looked at the larger screens in the room and were utterly baffled. The cameras showed the group walking inside the building even when they got in the parking garage. Domino walked over to the side of his desk while using a cane as he observed the group.

"I wonder who's been cleaning up all your messes," Domino said.

"What the hell's going on?" Cloud asked.