Chapter: 8 Obelisk vs. Slifer

Start from the beginning

(ATK: 800)

Jaden: And since Bubbleman's the only monster out on my field, I can use his special ability to draw two more cards to my hand. Jaden draws and sees Winged Kuriboh on his shoulder. 'Transcendent Wings and Winged Kuriboh! With this combo I can beat him. An evolved Winged Kuriboh would destroy Zane's Cyber Twin Dragon, then it's ATK would be dealt to him as damage. That'd be enough to wipe his LP out and win the duel! But, I can't summon any more monsters this round so I'm just gonna wait until my next turn. Still, I won't have to wait until next turn to use another card.' Alright, Zane I play Polymerization. And fuse my Elemental Hero Bubbleman and Elemental Hero Clayman. Now, Elemental Hero MudballMan, Rise in DEF.

 Now, Elemental Hero MudballMan, Rise in DEF

(DEF: 3000)

Chumley: Lishious! Mudballman's got 3000 DEF. That Twin Dragons attack won't get through to Jaden. Chumley said.

Syrus: 'But the card Zane banished is gonna come back next turn.'

Jaden: Now give me your best shot Zane.

Zane: My best shot? You got it. Zane draws as his capsule returns.

Haru: 'This can't be good.'

Zane: It's been two turns since I first activated Different Dimension Capsule and now I can take the card I first put into it and add it to my hand. Syrus gasped knowing what that card was as it went from the capsule and into Zane's hand. You played well, but not well enough.

Jaden: Hey give me what you got. I'm ready.

Zane: I'm sure you are. You're a good duelist. You've shown me what your capable of. And so have I. Your dueling is worth my respect.

Syrus: 'Zane approves of Jaden?'

Jaden: 'That's nice of him to say. But I get the feeling he was saying that to Syrus.'

Haru: Are you starting to get it Syrus?

Syrus: 'Of course! My big brother duels by considering all of his opponents moves and prepares for them. But back then...' Syrus remembered back to when he was kid and was about to make a mistake in a duel. 'I got carried away. I didn't anticipate my opponents moves.'

Zane: Here I go Jaden!

Jaden: Bring it!

Zane: First, I'll activate this De-Fusion card.

Zane: Which splits my monster back into two separate Cyber Dragons

Zane: Which splits my monster back into two separate Cyber Dragons. Next, I'll activate the magic of Power Bond!

Syrus: 'Power Bond!'

Zane: With this Spell card I'm allowed to summon a Machine type Fusion monster and with another Cyber Dragon in my hand as well I can now fuse three of them together and create, the Cyber End Dragon!

Zane: Plus, it's ATK are doubled because of Power Bond's effect. (ATK: 4000-8000)

Chumley: Wha, 8000!?

Zane: And keep in mind, when Cyber End Dragon attacks a monster DEF the difference between his ATK and your monsters DEF are dealt to you as damage.

Chumley: Just hang tough, if you can survive his attack you can win for sure cause of Power Bond's nasty side effect.

Alexis: Chumley's right. The end of the turn Power Bond is used the player who activated the card takes damage equal to their attacking monsters original ATK.

Syrus: 'Yeah, but the problem isn't the risk. Like my brother said, you have to respect your opponent.'

Haru: Well The effect of Power Bond won't really matter because of Cyber End Dragon's effect. And that means...

Zane: Cyber End Dragon attack Mudballman! Super Strident Blaze! Zane said as his monster fired a blast from each head engulfing Jaden as well as his monster and the rest of his LP.

(Jaden: LP: 2500-0)

Jaden fell to his knees after his defeat.

Chumley: Jaden, no!

Alexis: I can't believe it. He lost.

Haru: He is this schools best. Even Haru was impressed as well as shocked.

Syrus: No! Syrus cried as he ran over to his friend. Though Jaden was not as downhearted as they thought.

Jaden: Thanks for a great duel Zane. He said which made Zane smile a bit. Zane turned around and started heading back to his dorm, but not before looking back seeing Syrus' determined expression. Soon Alexis followed right behind.

Alexis: So Zane, what do you think? She asked.

Zane: I think Sy chose good friends Alexis. He admitted as they both returned to their dorms. And The Slifers watched them go.

Jaden: Your brothers got mad skills. Jaden said.

Syrus: Yeah. And so are you! The two of them laugh happily.

Jaden: Come on. Let's go home and work on our decks. Jaden suggested which Syrus nodded. I say we arrange your deck so you can finally use that Power Bond, how bout it? Jaden asks.

Syrus: For sure! I'll do my best for sure. Just then Chumley's stomach starts rumbling.

Chumley: Yeah well you know what I could use? Some food. Chumley said holding his stomach. And the others do the same with theirs.

Jaden: We might make it if we run!

Haru: Starvation is a great motivator?! The four Slifers run back to their dorm laughing.

To Be Continued

And two more chapters done! Sorry for the slow updates.

By the way there are gonna be some changes to the story. Worry not, nothing major. I just watched the sub snd noticed a lot of things were different so be prepared cause some lines and scenes are gonna be different compared to the dub.