Chapter 17 - Mixed Emotions

Depuis le début

"B-But, Zeriel. May sasabihin sana ako sa'yo. It's important but if you're really in a hurry, just come home nearly 7:00 for our dinner."

My brows furrowed, reading her expression."I'm planning not to go home this evening. Sa condo na la---"

"No! You should be here by the evening. Sumunod ka rin sa'kin kahit minsan lang, Zekiah."

I harshly closed the ref after getting a fresh milk."I told you not to call me with that name, Mom. If you want me to be good to you, don't say some things I don't like."

Mabilis akong lumabas ng bahay at pinaharutot ang Dodge ko papunta sa entertainment. As much as I wanted to show my calm expression, that scenario earlier can't erase on my mind.

Ugh! Why is she like that? Her expression earlier looks like she's so desperate for me to come home. Ano bang meron?!

"You're 2 minutes late, Zeriel."

"I don't care, Carol. Mainit ang ulo ko ngayon kaya 'wag mo nang dagdagan pa."

Pumasok na ako sa studio para tingnan ang set up. As I entered inside, flashes of cameras, reporters and the clients were already there. Their mood lightened up when they saw me walking towards the stage.

"Good morning everyone. I know that I'm minutes late but don't expect me to say sorry or even apologize because of that. Kayo ang may kailangan sa'kin kaya matuto kayong maghintay," sambit ko sa harap ng microphone bago bumaba.

"What the heck?! Kung mainit ang ulo mo, 'wag mo silang idamay. Masisira ang image natin niyan, lalo na sayo."

I just gave her a bored look before taking a glance on them."Para namang hindi ka nasanay sa ugali kong 'to. Ni minsan ba nahila ako pababa dahil sa ugaling meron ako? Ugh. Let's not talk about it. Bakit ba may mga medias dito sa loob?! Akala ko ba hindi na magpapapasok?"

It was said on our meeting last night after the endorsement. Ang entertainment daw naming 'to ay para lang sa mga mahahalagang bagay tulad ng photoshoot, album launching, fans signing, and endorsements. Pinabawalan muna ng head namin ang pagpasok ng mga reportes at medias para hindi masyadong magulo dito sa loob. They must stay ouside the entertainment if they want my answers and opinions.

"Last na raw 'to ngayon sabi ng head. They want to take a report of the last endorsement that they will witness. Habang nage-endorse ka ay magre-report sila d'yan sa likod kaya makikita ka na naman sa TV mamaya. Don't forget to show them your smile," she instructed.

Tumatango lang ako sa mga dapat kong gawin. It's just an endorsement of their newly produced perfume named 'Kiss In The Ocean' and I'm a little complacent because there's no guy here. Even the medias were all girls. Dapat ganito lagi para hindi na ako palaging galit kapag may umaaligid na lalaki dito sa loob ng entertainment.

"What do you feel while you're endorsing that new product of perfume?" asked the reporter after I finished the first endorsement.

I gave her a small smile and faced the camera."I'm always happy whenever I endorse a product. Maybe it's not obvious because of my fierce expression but my cooperation and participation says it all."

"Is the entertainment forcing you to do such things like your endorsements and photoshoots?"

I glanced at Carol on the other side who's listening to my interviews."Nope. I'm not doing this because of their mandate but because it's what I want. Minsan lang talaga ako sumunod sa mga utos nila."

"We heard that you mentored the trainees in your University and you won the contest yesterday. What can you say about that?"

"Actually, I was just forced by my uncle to teach them on how to be a model. They said that I'm their favorite model so I can't say no even if I want to. The trainings that we undergo were definitely hard for them since I already experienced it before when I was on their situation. But because I'm strict when it comes to everyone, I thought that they will surrender because of how I treat them. And I'm surprised when they still managed to resist me. I even saw their determination to win the contest so I wasn't surprised when they reached what they wanted. It's my first time to teach girls who are in my age. Of course, I didn't expect that I could do it. But still, I always trust myself in everything I do and there's no impossible for me."