Chapter 5: Ride The Wind

[Marina's Perspective]

The three friends would walk around the campus with some snacks in hand, eating them as they'd roam around.

This food's surprisingly good! I expected some pretty stale food to come from this place, but boy was I proven wrong. 

Marina: This takoyaki's pretty good!

Natsumi: Yeah, but shouldn't you be worried about your exams?

Natsumi was eating while she said this, so her voice was a little muffled.

Marina: Oh, don't worry! I'll be able to pass.

She'd grab another bite of her takoyaki, before looking at her phone.

So it's 12:03 now, I think we've gotta hurry.

Marina would show her phone to the other two, and they'd notice.

Peter: I think you're the one that should go ahead, Marina.

Natsumi: Yeah, you're next in line.

I know, but I just want you two to watch! 

Marina: Yeah, yeah. But I just wanna keep both of you here as moral support! Besides, you're not allowed to leave until the exams are actually finished.

Natsumi would go silent while Peter was staring at the sky.

Natsumi: Yeah, there's nothing we could do.

Peter was still staring at nothing.

What's Peter staring at again? I guess that's a habit of his.

Natsumi would nudge him lightly, getting his attention.

Natsumi: Hey, are you... okay?

Peter: Oh, yeah. I am fine.

Marina: You've been doing that always, staring at nothing. 

Peter would scratch his head.

Peter: Yeah, it's a habit for the most part.

Marina: Well, I guess it's time to get a move on. Let's go!

The two would nod and would head to the gymnasium.

The stadium's already there, so I guess we're starting right now?

A blonde person with a purple tuxedo would get on the mic, presumably being the announcer for this match.

Hello there boys n' girls! It's your WBBA Commissioner here, Wakiya Komurasaki! Now that we've had our little break, it's now time to get this show on the road!

The crowd would go wild at the sight of Wakiya, who was being the commentator.

Wakiya: Now after that great battle with Lui Shirosagijo and our new rising star, Natsumi Hagane. We move on to the next Legend! Drum Koryu!

Wait, wait, wait... Drum Koryu? What the hell? Are you serious?

The crowd would cheer for Drum as he'd go on to the stadium, and he'd also wave to the crowd.

So I'm going up against a shouta?! Ah, so I guess we'll have to deal with this then.

Marina would head up to the stadium in advance.

Wakiya: Now, let's continue with number 353, Marina Yumiya!

Drum would run towards Marina in excitement and get up close to her face, making Marina embarrassed.

He's too close! J-just focus!

Drum would grit his teeth, while his face would turn red much like how he would when 

Drum: You... what's your name?

Marina: Marina Yumiya.

Drum would jump backwards.

Drum: Alright! Let's go then!

He'd reveal his Bey, Tempest Dragon.

Tempest Dragon, his Bey. I've seen it a couple of times on the internet and on TV, and what I do know is that this guy hits hard and has spring-loaded Bey.

Wakiya: It seems that both of them have introduced themselves to each other. Let's get this show on the road then!

The crowd would begin counting down from three, following Wakiya.

Wakiya: Three!

Three!

Wakiya: Two!

Two!

Wakiya: One!

(In unison): Go shoot!

Both Beys would get launched onto the stadium, with Melusine landing softly in a similar manner to Neamhain from earlier whereas Dragon would land bouncing around. With Melusine landing smoothly, it was able to take the center quickly but Dragon was also quick to recover and went on a frenzy, charging up momentum before eventually sending a great barrage of attacks towards Melusine.

Woah, this Bey's really strong! I can feel the weight from each hit, and I tell you, they're stupidly powerful! I can hope Melusine can hold up to this guy though.

Melusine would be able to withstand Dragon's attacks due to its smooth layer that's spring-loaded.

Drum: Amazing! Your Bey's pretty tough! It's been withstanding my partner's attacks, but here's where we get serious! Dragon!

Dragon would glow blue, before crashing into Melusine at the center with even greater force.

Drum: Double Bound!

Dragon hits Melusine twice, with the second hit activating the Tempest Ring's wings and knocking Melusine away. Even though it got hit hard though, it would be able to withstand the attack through its spring-loaded ring.

My goodness, that was a big one! I'll have to land right here.

Melusine would utilize air resistance to control its descent and slow it down as if it had a parachute. 

Marina: Melusine, Enchanted Glide!

It would land on the edge of the stadium, close to being an over-finish.

Drum: Argh! So close!

Yeah, that was a close one. I'll need to try and face this guy smartly.

Marina: It was close, yes. But I suppose it's my turn!

The wind would gather around Melusine, then Melusine would start moving quickly towards Dragon like an attack-type.

Marina: Enchanted Crash!

Drum: So that's how you're gonna play? Let's go, Dragon!

Dragon would charge at Melusine and would have a battle at the center, sending devastating hits at each other. Melusine received little to no damage but it dealt less damage on Dragon who was attacking Melusine with a barrage of powerful attacks.

Drum: Attack more, Dragon!

I should try expanding the wind around my Bey, it might add air resistance against Dragon so he might Burst easier, or at least lose spin easier.

Melusine would charge after Dragon, but the gust of wind around it would disappear resulting in Melusine being knocked around like a punching bag.

Oh, shoot! The wind's gone! So much for having to go head-to-head with an Attack-type.

Melusine would regain its balance, making it withstand the damage more efficiently.

Drum: Alright! Let's go now Dragon!

All four of Dragon's blades would glow yellow and extend due to the light being emanated from them.

Drum: Tempest Break!

Melusine would get sent flying away and towards the feet of Marina, which was still spinning but would eventually stop after a few seconds.

Bummer, sorry Melusine.

Wakiya: Woah! Splendid performance from Drum Koryu! But this girl's also showed some strength here! She didn't get Bursted unlike some of the other competitors here, are we seeing a new generation of Bladers in front of our eyes?!

New generation? I got knocked away though. But whatever, at least I got considered as part of it!

So, Marina. I suppose you got a little cocky again?

Melusine would talk to Marina.

Yeah, my bad Melusine. I'll try my best next round!

Don't worry Marina, I'm not trying to force you to win or anything, just think it through.

Gotcha, I'll try another way.

That's the spirit! Alright then Marina, let's go show them'.

The crowd would count down from three once again, and with Wakiya leading them as usual.

Three!

Two!

One!

(In unison): Go shoot!

Both Beys would land in the same way they did earlier, and this time Melusine would take the center quicker than earlier and dashed as if it was an Attack-type. As soon as Melusine would reach the center, it'd glow purple with some hints of yellow.

Marina: Enchanted Spin!

Melusine would glow even brighter and would produce strong winds around it while spinning even faster, making Dragon slower every time it'd hit Melusine.

Drum: It's not working? Huh?

Alright! This is good.

Wakiya: What's this? Dragon's attacks aren't making a single dent on Melusine! What's going on?

Marina: Alright, we've got them Melusine!

With Dragon's weight, it deals more damage but it also slows it down a lot. It also makes it more prone to Bursting, so I'll finish this off now when he's weak!

The air around Melusine would become stronger, and it'd gradually produce a whirlwind while also lifting Dragon into the air slowly and slowly.

Drum: Dragon's floating?!

Marina: Sorry Drum but, it's over for you!

The wind surrounding Melusine would become even stronger, lifting Dragon into the air even more and Bursting it mid-air due to the immense wind pressure it experienced. Melusine had won.

Woo! We won, Melusine!

Yes, we did.

Drum would scream out in rage as the crowd cheers for Marina, silencing them. He'd then run to her quickly.

Drum: Battle me again!

This guy seems like a sore loser, just take the L already.

Marina: Well, I won!

Marina would say in a cheeky tone.

Drum: So battle me again!

He'd trip and land on Marina's chest. The crowd would then gasp in shock.

Oh boy, we're getting feisty, aren't we?

Marina: My, my. What a perverted boy!

She'd open her eyes, revealing her purple eyes and smiling while Drum was screaming in embarrassment.

Drum: Shut up! I ain't a pervert!

Marina: But didn't you plant your face on my chest, hm?

She'd put a finger on her lip, winking.

Drum: Ah, shut up!

Marina would chuckle, but Natsumi would appear from behind and would drag her back to the bleachers.

Eh? Natsumi? Where'd you come from?

Marina: Where'd you come from? I was having fun, you know?

Natsumi: From the bleachers, of course. Stop screwing around, will you?

Marina: Alright, let's go back then.

Marina would walk back, but Natsumi would apologize.

Natsumi: We're sorry, Koryu-san!

Natsumi would go to Marina, going back to the bleachers.

That was a pretty fun experience, I'm looking forward to my new school life then