Chapter 2: It Begins

So... we've already got our IDs. We're heading for that gymnasium there, right?

A green-haired boy would wave to them, signaling that he was there. It was Peter Kadoya, the son of Masamune Kadoya.

Ah, Kadoya-san's there.

The two girls would head to him.

Natsumi: Hey! Kadoya-san!

Peter: Yo, Natsumi. You too, Marina.

Marina: You're looking a little down Peter, are you feeling fine?

Peter: Clearly not, I'm a little nervous.

He was shaking a bit earlier, but his shaking was relieved when the two arrived. His nervousness still wasn't removed even after being with his friends.

Peter: Anyway, what number did you guys get?

Natsumi: 352.

Marina: 353.

Peter: Well I suppose yours is going to have to take a while, I'm number 303 on the queue.

Oof, so we'll have to wait for 40 to 50 participants until we go? That's a lot.

The announcer would get on to the mic, then he'd begin to speak.

Staff Member: Examinee number 302, please come up to the stadium now!

Another Blader would enter the stadium, where Delta was waiting for him.

Blader: Alright, I'm up!

This should be interesting alright. Let's watch then.

Delta: So, I suppose you're my next opponent?

Blader: Yeah, I'll beat you down to the ground!

That's a sign you're gonna lose mate. And I'm talking about you, not Akane-san there.

Delta: I've heard that phrase too many times. The people who have said that haven't defeated me yet.

Blader: Oh well this guy ain't going down, let's go!

Delta: You're gonna be another one in my list of wins. But enough chit-chat, come at me!

The crowd would count down from three, and Delta was using Death Diabolos. Then the two Bladers would get ready to battle.

Three!

Two!

One!

(In unison): Go shoot!

Both Beys would race across the stadium with great speed, then both of them would crash at the center. The opposing Bey would utilize the tall height of Diabolos to tip it over and destabilize it, allowing it to send a barrage of hits while Diabolos was vulnerable.

Blader: Hah, piece of cake!

Delta wasn't impressed by the other Blader's antics.

Blader: How's that?!

Delta: Good strategy, but... I'm not impressed.

Blader: Huh? Now, how about this!

The opponent's Bey sends a large impact towards Diabolos, causing it to Burst.

Blader: Eat that! You're nothing anyways!

Eh? He Bursted, already?

Delta: Oh, is that so?

Diabolos didn't Burst, but in actuality, the Bullet driver merely split into two meaning the other Blader had to go against two Beys at once.

He can split into two, that's cool! You're doomed, buddy!

Blader: I thought you Bursted?! How?

Delta: Watch more carefully next time. Now, Diabolos!

Diabolos would fling itself upwards through the stadium's slopes, and the Bullet driver would send a barrage of attacks that made the opposing Bey's movement worse and stunned it.

Blader: Get out of there!

Delta: Too late. Diabolos, Death Crash!

Diabolos would drop down onto the opponent, hitting it with a pincer attack from both above and on the ground which results in the opponent's Bey Bursting.

Blader: No!

Ouch, that looks pretty powerful. Sorry dude, but that's reality.

Delta: See what I've told you? Now please, pick up your Beyblade from the stadium. The staff will judge your performance later.

Blader: Damn it!

I sort of feel bad for him. No time for comforting people though, I don't even know him.

The announcer would get on the mic, beginning to speak.

Staff Member: For the next few rounds, we'll have a change of Bladers. We introduce to you, Gwynn Reynolds!

Gwynn would walk up to the stadium, and the crowd would go wild.

Gwynn Reynolds...? Who's that?

Peter: Oh, joy.

Peter would grit his teeth.

Peter: And here I thought I could apply my observations for the next battle, this dude shows up. 

Who's this guy anyway? I sound dumb for asking this...

Natsumi: Who's Gwynn Reynolds?

Peter and Marina would stare at her, while Marina was chuckling Peter would answer her.

Peter: He's the person who developed the Infinite Lock System and Electric Drivers. His Bey's most likely gonna be hard to Burst. No... near impossible to Burst, he's also #9 in the ranks of the Legends.

He's that strong, eh? All of us have gone against Synchrome Beys before, haven't we? What's the difference between this guy? 

Peter: Well, wish me luck guys.

Natsumi: Yeah, good luck!

Peter would leave the bleachers, and head for the stadium with his Bey in hand.