Chapter 4: The Truth

Location: Yokohama, Japan

Date: 23 Aug 2022

1730 hours

Kazuto POV

Still in the abandoned building, after getting slapped by the girls, I listened to the condition of Azur Lane's base from them.

Me: "So, a lot of strange things happened after I left the base?"

Essex: "Yes."

Me: "And you girls suspect Commander Howard as the perpetrator?"

Essex: "Yes."

Me: "Have you ever saw him do strange things?"

Cleveland: "I think I saw it once!"

Me: "Hm, what is it like?"

Cleveland: "I saw him hold something like golden ball when giving order to some girls, and the girls just agree with that."

Me: "What kind of order is he giving?"

Cleveland: "His order was not audible, but I did hear him telling them to take the North Atlantic route."

Me: *shocked* "What, that route is dangerous. Lots of Sirens patrolling there."

Admiral Hipper: "Not only that, he always give us vague and dangerous orders. If someone try to refutes him, that girl will immediately get punished."

So I was right about he using that 'device' to them. Not only using shipgirls for Templar's benefit, but he was also cruel to them.

Me: Hm, so be it."

Zuikaku: "That's why we escaped from the base. We don't want to be a tool for his shady business."

Me: "Wait, did higher-ups know about this? I mean, I heard lots of commanders get expelled too."

Zuikaku: "That's the something I feel odd. How higher-ups not pay attention to this?"

I don't know how he was handle that, but of course he got some help from Templar's higher-ups. Sorry girls, but I can't tell and involving you in conflict between Assassin and Templar, at least for now.

Zuikaku: "Oh by the way, I notice you have some fighting skill."

Cleveland: "Yeah, how you can do that commander?"

Me: "Hehe, in my younger days, I was practicing aikido."

Zuikaku: "So that's why you're so good at hand-to-hand combat."

Me: "Yeah, kinda."

Essex: "So what's your next step, commander?"

Me: "Huh, what do you mean?"

Essex: "Uh I mean, we thought you need our help to solve this problem."

Me: "First, I'm not you commander anymore. Second, I appreciate it Essex. But I can handle this on my own."

Cleveland: "But we want to help you, and for us, you still our commander."

Admiral Hipper: "Hate to admit it, but she's right."

Heh, again with that tsundere act, Hipper.

*cellphone sound*

Suddenly I got a phone call. It's Akira. What's going on?

Me: "Sorry, I must answer this."

Hm, maybe I give this report later after discussing with other members.