Chapter 3 - "Home Away from Home"

Start from the beginning

"Ah, you're right! Since I've only properly met Kiana, Mei and Bronya – maybe they've started believing in me, so the shares I'm feeling are from them!" Neptune stated whilst beaming a huge smile at the realisation.

"Properly met?" Theresa chuckled whilst also smiling. "You've only been with them for a few hours or so."

"Maybe because I'm just that approachable, and maybe because I actually am the World's #1 cutie, cutie #2." Neptune said as she smirked at Theresa.

The two then chuckled with each other as Bronya once again gave a soft smile at the conversation's positive twist.

"Alright, I'll be willing to put a bit of my trust in you." Theresa stated, now fully relaxed in her chair as she reached for something under her desk.

"Aww! I don't know if that's another little bit of Share Energy flowing through me or if my heart is feeling all warm and cosy!" Neptune smiled as Bronya slowly made her way next to Neptune, knowing that the conversation was about to come to an end.

Suddenly, an abrupt knock on the door behind the two was heard.

"Come in!" Theresa shouted from across the room as the door opened to reveal a girl that was quite a bit taller than all three of them. She wore what seemed to be a blue Chinese uniform and possessed red glasses. She had blue eyes, pale skin, and a serious expression on her face that could possibly rival Noire in her "work mode".

"Ah, Fu Hua – glad you're here." Theresa greeted with a smile.

"Nice to see that you're doing well, Principal Theresa." The now identified Fu Hua replied, briefly glancing towards Neptune as she said this. Neptune tilted her head to the side with a calm expression in response.

"I'd like to move you to Kiana's dorm, effective from tonight."

Neptune raised an eyebrow at this whilst Bronya didn't make any expression.

"Understood." Fu Hua replied with the exact same expression as before as she turned to Neptune.

"I've heard from Theresa about your... situation. It's nice to meet you, Neptune." Fu Hua stated as she held out a hand.

As Neptune shook it, she made slight noises indicating that she was deep in thought as she continued to stare at Fu Hua. Bronya didn't react to this, but Theresa had a nervous smile on her face as a comedic sweat drop rolled down her face.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Eh? Oh, no no, it's just that you sorta remind me of a friend of mine when she's serious about working. I guess you're of the same species as her!" Neptune smiled as she tried joking around to lighten the somewhat serious atmosphere.

Fu Hua didn't respond to this, but Neptune could've sworn she spotted her eyebrow raise just a little.

"Wait, hold up a sec – why is she staying with us?" Neptune asked as she moved her attention towards Theresa, who by now has already shaken herself out of her previous comedic expression.

"Because of you, mainly. I do somewhat trust you now thanks to Bronya's readings, but I still need to take precautions. You start learning real quick that you can't take that many chances with the Honkai."

As soon as she finished saying this, her face notably tensed up a bit – especially around the latter part. Bronya and Fu Hua acknowledged this whilst Neptune didn't really know why.

"Rest assured though, once we've fully cleared you – I'll be off your back." Theresa concluded as she beamed another soft smile towards Neptune, which she returned upon hearing this.