One Giant Leap

'When evolution selects its agents, it does so at a cost.'

'It makes demands in exchange for singularity. And you may be asked to do something against your very nature.'

'Suddenly, the change in your life that should have been wonderful, comes as a betrayal.'

'It may seem cruel, but the goal is nothing short of self-preservation.'

'Survival.'

꧁❃❃❃꧂

Being back in the job as a paramedic exhausted Rose. Especially when she had a constant stream of going to the end of the town to save lives. And although it was such a tiring job, it comes to be the most rewarding. Saving lives proved more helpful to Rose's state of mind, but there were times when even lived couldn't be saved. There was always that hunger to be better than she was; and if she could fully get a grip on her ability, she could do more than just that.

It was too dangerous for her now, as she didn't want to risk aging another to their death, fearing the repercussions that would come from it. However when her day of work was finally through, she ended back up at a familiar door. It's beginning to be a new pattern, every day has been led back to the Doctor.

Peter had investigated more into his human flight point, finding the book that Chandra Suresh had wrote. Rose overheard that Peter wished to find Chandra to ask more about the genetic code of human, however Nathan has got him distracted with a reporter and the whole 'suicide' talk for his campaign. As much as Rose would love to be there for Peter in his time of need, it was best that one of the two got a head start on all this genetic code stuff.

A knock on the door was all she needed. A familiar feminine face peeled out. A smile grew small on her face as Rose nodded to Eden. However the women did not share the small happiness. She seemed quite on edge. She looked over her shoulder at Mohinder before opening the door to allow Rose to step in.

The blond looked over the two with an observing look. They exchanged a silent gaze to each other as the turned their heads to look at Rose. Suddenly she was starting to feel highly subconscious. She raised her gloved hands to her face and hair, adjusting her look as if something was off put.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" She couldn't help but ask, her voice almost a small whisper. The doctor was the one who spoke up first, glancing at his computer before indulging the question the women had spoken.

"We- we heard the messages you left my father." He stated awkwardly, leaning forward in his chair. Rose's mind drifted, trying to remember what exactly she had left for Chandra when calling him all that time ago. When it dawned on her the color from her face drained.

"Oh." She said, her voice slightly choked in her throat. She looked in horror at the two. "So you know-" she didn't finish before watching the two closely. Continuing into a new train of thought. "This is why I wish to fix this."

Her voice was now firm, determined to change and be able to get a grip on her fascinating ability. "I don't want anyone else to suffer because I can't stop this." She continued holding up her gloved hands that were holding her back. No human contact, it's been like that for weeks.

Mohinder seemed to nod, although the women in front of him had taken a life, it was no where near the problem this 'Sylar' had caused, and that man was doing it for even more horrid reasons. Rose didn't know her ability would kill anyone, and it was not her fault it had done so in the first place.