Don't Look Back

'We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate.'

'But have we truly any choice in when we rise? Or when we fall?'

'Or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction?'

'Is it evolution that takes us by the hand?'

'Does science point our way? Or is it God who intervenes, keeping us safe?'

꧁❃❃❃꧂

The day was new. Rose made her way back to Mohinder's apartment. Answering the call he sent the night before. There was still no word from what really happened to Peter the night before, and Rose didn't want to think about it in the first place. Perhaps he was caught in his nursing job- or perhaps he was trying to make a move on Simone for the first time.

Nothing really mattered at that point, as Rose wished to focus on what Mohinder wanted to look into. Parking her car carefully she stepped out and made her way to the entrance. Entering the building, her boots just clattered against the floor. She made her way up the steps before halting in a hallway with three figures clogging near Suresh's door.

"If you're the exterminator, why do you have a gun holster?" As Rose finally focused she noticed Mohinder having his hands up while a lady with a gun was pointing it at a larger man. The man pushed Suresh into the women and ran in Roses direction, shoving her into the wall on the way down the stairs to escape.

"Ow." Rose groaned, her head numb from being slammed into the wall. She rubbed her gloved hands onto her forehead, as Mohinder and the women approached quickly.

"Are you alright?" The Doctor reached a hand out and pulled Rose up. The blond only gave a nod as she observed the new person in the hallway. Something about her seemed familiar, but she wasn't fully sure on why.

"Not something that'll keep me down." Rose started giving a small smile to Mohinder. "Who's your new friend here Doctor?" Rose looked backed to the women. She had short brown hair and a pink over shirt with a tang top.

"Oh- I'm Eden McCain." She started holding the gun awkwardly, looking to the two. Mohinder seemed interested in the women, perhaps it was something she said earlier. But he was curious on something else, entering his apartment with a purpose.

The two women glanced at each other and followed the Doctor closely behind. Mohinder was crouched under a table, working on removing a device from the cords. Eden approached somewhat curious.

"Why would anybody want to tap Papa Suresh's phone?" She started glancing at Mohinder who was still under the table. He glanced over his shoulder with interest.

"Papa Suresh?" Eden nodded after he questioned. Never thinking his father would ever be called that by anyone.

"Yeah, he told me to call him that after I butchered his name a couple of times." She mentioned, her fingers entangling each other. Rose looked over to see the device that, what she could assume, the large man was trying to either plant or remove.

"I don't know why someone would want to tap his phone. Back in Madras I found a man in his apartment stealing his research, and now this." Mohinder continued, going back to messing with the device, but to no avail.