Cairo Chaos

Cairo. An Oasis in the Middle of the Egyptian Sahara. Here, Indy, Marion, and the Warners meet up with an old friend of his: Sallah, who was a professional digger hired by the Germans for the excavation Duties at Tanis. Indy had taken off his leather jacket because it was Daytime.

"Cairo, city of the living," Sallah proclaimed. "A paradise on earth." " "It's Beautiful for a City built in the Middle of the Sahara," Dot commented. A child's scream is heard as a monkey is seen running across the Table.

"Silence!" A woman named Fayah cried. She was Sallah's wife. "Why do you forget yourselves? What is this? Where did this animal come from?" The monkey ran around and knocked over a drink.

"Oh... Oh no..." Marion chuckled as the Monkey climbed up onto her back. "Heh, now she's really 'monkeying' around!" Yakko chuckled. "Cute. What an adorable creature," Marion said. "Then it shall be welcome in our house," Fayah said while Sallah and the Children laugh. "Oh, well, no, you don't have to keep it here just because of me," Marion replied.

Indy laughed, and then took a seat to Catch up with Sallah. "I knew the Germans would hire you, Sallah," Indy commented. "You're the best digger in Egypt!" "I'll bet you're pretty good too!" Yakko added.

"My services are entirely inconsequential to them," Sallah replied. "They've hired or shanghaied every digger here in Cairo. The excavation is enormous. They hire only strong backs and pay only pennies for them. It's as if the Pharaohs have returned."

"That's really cheap labor," Yakko Commented. "I agree," Wakko said, before asking: "Wait, what did the Pharaohs do again?" "They took the Children of Israel into Slavery until Moses got them out during the Exodus," Jones replied. "Oh, that's right," Wakko mused.

"Anyways, When did they find the map Room?" Indy asked Sallah. "Three days ago," Sallah replied. "They have not one brain among them." "Well, as the old saying goes, 'Never send a Moron to do an Archaeologist's Job.'" Yakko said.

"Yes, that's the one exception," Sallah said. "He's very clever. He's a French archeologist." "What's his name?" Indy asked. "They call him 'Bellosh'," Sallah replied. Indy chuckled. "Belloq," He corrected. "Belloq!" "We had an encounter with him in Peru, Now he works for the Nazis?" Dot asked. "Yes," Sallah replied. "Typical Bad Guys, Sis," Yakko said to her. "You'll understand a little more about 'interests aligning' when you're older."

"The Germans have a great advantage over us," Sallah went on. "They are near to discovering the Well of Souls." "Well, they're not gonna find it without this, Indy said, showing him the medallion/headpiece for the staff. "Who can tell us about these markings?" He asked.

"Perhaps a man I know can help us," Sallah replied. He then sighed as he was deep in thought. "Indy, there is something that troubles me." "What is it?" Jones asked. "The ark," Sallah replied. "If it is there, at Tanis... then it is something man wasn't meant to disturb. Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this natural Earth."

"Don't Worry, Sallah!" Yakko said confidently. "We'll find it Before those guys, and I bet we can do it faster than you can say..." He trailed off, losing what he was about to say. "Uhhhh.... I forget, never mind!" He said with a shrug.

Later, Indy, Marion, and the Warners were walking through the streets of Cairo. " Do we need the monkey, Huh?" Jones asked Marion. "I'm surprised at you, Jones... talking that way about our baby," Marion replied jokingly. "He's got your looks too." "And your brains," Indy said.

"Oops," laughed Marion. "I noticed that. She's a smart little thing... smart." Just then, the Monkey ran off. "Hey! Hey, where are you going?" Marion called to it but it just kept on running. "She'll be alright, have a date," Indy said, handing her one of the signature fruits of Egypt. "Come on. Come on, Marion." "What is this?" She asked. "It's a date," Indy replied. "You eat 'em!" Wakko helped himself to one, chewed it, and spat out the Pit. "Mmm, tasty!" He mused.