𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 7࿐⋆what a great start⋆

Start from the beginning

"Don't look so grumpy, Oz," joked Y/N, sliding his food tray inside his cage. "You'll see Hedwig soon."

Ozwald hooted indignantly and turned his back on her.

"Suit yourself," said Y/N coolly. She got on her bed, snatching the Daily Prophet on her nightstand to read the article about Dumbledore and Harry for the tenth time.

Elvendork cooed excitedly at the newspaper and started jumping on Harry's picture.

"Yeah, yeah, it's dad," chuckled Y/N as Elvendork continued to squeal in delight.

A knock sounded on her bedroom door.

"Sorry, I am sleeping," called Y/N loudly, turning the page of the newspaper idly. The door swung open and Sirius poked his head in.

"I apologise for disturbing your beauty sleep, Your Majesty," he said. "But there's someone here to see you."

"Who?"

"He claims he's your Knight in Shining Armour," said Sirius, smiling knowingly.

"No. Way." Y/N gasped, sitting upright on her bed, sending Elvendork a few inches up in the air while she snatched the newspaper in her wake. Elvendork fell back on the bed with a "wee."

"This way, Your Majesty," Sirius opened the door wider and stood aside like a footman.

Y/N didn't need telling twice. She jumped out of the bed and sprinted down the stairs, taking two steps at a time. The last time she saw him, which was two years ago, wasn't a circumstance where you greeted each other pleasantly. So Y/N thought she might actually explode with excitement as she reached the living room.

"There she is!" Lyall Lupin exclaimed happily as Y/N ran into the living room and crashed into her grandfather's open arms.

"Nobody told me you were coming!" complained Y/N, hugging Lyall tightly.

"You didn't think I'd miss the opportunity to see my favorite girl, did ya?" said Lyall. "Eh, I guess I'll stay for my son's wedding too, while I am at it."

Y/N laughed. She and Lyall sat on the couch as Rebekah entered with mugs of butterbeer.

"I see I've been replaced," said Rebekah, placing the butterbeer in front of them. "I thought I was your favourite girl."

"Yeah, that was like a trillion years ago," said Lyall, waving her off. "I decided to cast you aside the moment Y/N came into this world. It's nothing personal, Becky, dear."

"Good to see you too, dad," said Rebekah, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"How've you been, Gramps?" asked Y/N, sipping her butterbeer.

"Ya know me," said Lyall, shrugging good-heartedly. "Good old Gramps. Just spiffing. Makin' all the ladies swoon."

Y/N snorted into her cup.

"Don't let your Grandma hear that, though," Lyall whispered to her. "I bet she's listening in the corner as a ghost."

"Definitely," agreed Y/N.

"Alrigh' fill me in on everything I've missed, Y/N," said Lyall, suddenly serious. "What's been going on? More importantly, what's the deal between Becky and Sirius?"

Sirius, who was drinking butterbeer quietly in the corner of the room, choked and started coughing hysterically; Rebekah dropped the tray she was holding.

"Oh god," she sighed.

"They aren't together but they flirt all the time!" Y/N whispered into her grandfather's ear.