𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2

Start from the beginning

"But why me?" Elena questioned confused.

"Because you're a Petrova Doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse."

"The curse? The sun and the moon curse?" Elena pushed.

"Oh, you do know your history." Rose said with a small smirk.

"What do you mean I'm the key?" Elena asked, ignoring the vanpire's previous comment "The moonstone is what breaks the curse."

"No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." Rose corrected her.

"The sacrifice?"

"The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die." Rose said as she looked dead in Elena's eyes. Elena gulped, not being prepared for that out come.

❥❥❥

"Tell me more." Elena demanded. Rose and her had been talking while Scarlett just sat and listened or hummed a song once in a while.

"Captivity has made her pushy, eh? What do you want to know doppelicious?" Trevor asked once he walked into the room where the girls were.

"Who were you running from?" Elena asked, a question she had asked multiple times.

"The originals." Trevor and Scarlett said at the same time. Scarlett was annoyed by how clueless Elena seemed. It was like she wasn't listening to anything.

"Yeah, she said that." Elena said getting a slight relieved look from the Salvatore girl. "What does that mean?"

"The first family, the old world." Trevor said but Elena gave him a look, obviously wanting him to continue "Rose and I pissed them off." Trevor said getting an unsatisfied hum from Rose. "Correction, I pissed them off, Rose had my back and for over half a millennium, they wanted us dead." He corrected getting a pleased look from Rose.

"Whatcha do?" Scarlett asked, slightly curious but mostly bored.

"He made the same mistake countless others did: he trusted Katerina Petrova." Rose informed her getting an 'ahh' sound from Scarlett.

"Katherine." Elena breathed out getting a nod from Rose.

"The one and only, the first Petrova Doppelgänger." Rose confirmed getting a scoff from Scarlett.

"I doubt." Scarlett muttered getting an raised eyebrow from Rose. She only shrugged at the vampire who kidnapped her.

"I helped her escape her fate and now I've, sorry, we've been marked ever since." Trevor said.

"Which is why we're not gonna make the same mistake again." Rose said firmly as she looked at Elena. Scarlett glanced over to said girl who slightly gulped. If she were being honest she felt kind of bad for her, being born to be sacrificed but Scarlett couldn't do nor wasn't going to do anything unfortunately for the doppelgänger. Hopefully she could find some way to live if not then that was unfortunate for the doppelgänger. She wasn't going to risk her life again for a girl that her brothers loved.

❥❥❥

Soon after their conversation Rose temporarily left the room, giving Elena enough time to show Scarlett a note that Bonnie magically sent to them. Rose then soon returned to the room as they all sat in silence. Trevor then rushed into the room in a panic, disrupting the silence.