Spiced Congee

Hello Ming here. I know it's been years since I updated this book. I hope everyone is doing well! :3 I have found myself in MDZS hell once again and while reminiscing I remembered that I had this in my drafts. Enjoyyy!

Connected to the Cafe AU.

Warning: Lots of crackhead energy up ahead.
________________________________
LXC and LWJ had permanently moved to Lotus Pier for work. It was lunchtime and usually LWJ would do the lunch run to Blooming Lotus but because he was caught up in paperwork, LXC offered to go in his stead.

Hoping to beat the lunch rush, LXC drove and parked quite close to the cafe. When he walked in he was greeted by WWX.

"ah, Lan Xichen it's been a while since you came by." As if WWX was looking for someone he peered around LXC.

LXC giggled " Wangji is doing paperwork in his office so I'm doing the lunch run today."

"Hm, Want me to call A-Cheng for you, he's taking his break at the back. We had to swap shifts today."

"Ah no no it's okay don't bother him, I will be seeing him later tonight anyways."

WWX smirked "Heh, no wonder he was so giddy this morning. It was a bit suspicious that he wanted to take the morning shift. Anyways I'm assuming just the usual orders for lunch today."

"Please and thank-you. Oh and could u add on 2 iced americanos. I think Wangji's going to need it."

"Alrighty, Your total will be $34. Cash or Card?"

"Card thanks"

"Okay it will be out shortly, you know A-Cheng's gonna be whiny if u don't say hello."

LXC grinned, " I will cross that bridge when I get to it."
________________________________
About 10 minutes had passed and WWX called LXC to collect his order. The food was packed in a paper bag and his drinks in a cup holder.

"Thanks so much, knowing us we will be here tomorrow, bye"

With a wave from WWX, LXC walked swiftly back to his car. His stomach growled
And he couldn't help but want to eat his Lotus root soup straight away. So he peered into the bag to fetch it. However taking a sniff of the contents, he immediately jolted back in his seat. Fishing into the bag he took out two containers. One of which he recognised as lotus root soup, the other was what gave off the shocking smell. Opening the container he pinched his nose.

"What is this, hmm it looks like congee but the colours a bit off and the toppings are... odd." Staring back at LXC in the container was an almost blood red congee with dried chillies and Szechuan peppers floating around.

"WWX must have given me the wrong order"

LXC breathed out of relief, he was luckily still near by the cafe.
________________________________
LXC made his way back in and greeted WWX again.

"Oh my back again so soon, are you back for seconds?"

"Actually I think you gave me the wrong order"

"Huh, did I get it wrong no I'm sure it was right"

"Oh you got my order perfect, but Wangji's is uh..."

"But I packed the usual order?"

"Uh I'm sorry to ask but what is the usual order exactly?"