Best in class

Auroranossen on Twitter and Instagram - I will be posting illustrations!

On the way to class the next day she carried with her the book to the Half Blood Prince. She didn't know why, but she felt like she had a friend always around her. Draco caught up with her, a boy from third year.

"Bella, where are you heading?" He slowed her down by taking a grip on her arm.

"Class." She said shyly. The few that had spoken to her had told her Draco was a bully and she should stay away, that he didn't want to speak with somebody as her.

Draco chuckled and smiled. "Bella class is that way." He pointed at the opposite direction. She could feel her cheeks turn slightly pink of embarrassment. He grabbed her hand brother like and led the way towards her potion class.

"Here you go, little one." He said, handing her the bag of books he had offered to carry. Bella smiled in reply and walked inside.

"Ahh... Miss Delacour how nice of you to join us." Snape didn't sound happy. She swallowed. "I was lost." She mumbled.

"Well maybe you should carry a map next time." He sneered, making the rest of the class laugh. Bella pulled it together and sat down next to a girl who reluctantly turned her back on her.

Snape ordered them to work individually and begin to make the potion at page 94. Not exactly paying any attention to what she did Bella took up her potion book and opened it on page 94. When she looked down at the page, she saw that this wasn't the right book. She glanced around, nobody was looking at her...

She was about to put the book away, but it couldn't hurt just trying it once, could it? Instead of fallowing the instructions the others used, she used the Half Blood Prince's.

One and a half hour passed by and the final ingredient were attached to Bella's potion. "Very good." Snape mumbled. "Ten points to Slytherin." He said before continuing on. Bella got a couple of congratulations and clasps on the back as a 'reward' from her fellow students. The girl she was sitting next to even turned around to face her.

"I am Amber by the way." She extended her hand and Bella shook it. "Bella." Amber had red hair and piercing eyes, but she seemed nice enough.

Bella hid the book before anybody could see it, she felt a bit bad for cheating, but... she was in Slytherin. Besides nobody would suffer. She only wanted some friends.

Once again Draco caught up with her around lunch time. "Hey Bella." He sat down next opposite her. One of his friends thought Draco was making fun of her and was about to say something unpleasant when Draco stopped him. He held up a hand and excused himself.

"Crabbe." He hissed and dragged him a few feet away.

"yeah?" He said trying to sound cool.

"Be nice to her." He said, making Crabbe's smirk fail. Draco's voice was threatening and he knew better than to say anything against it.

Instead of sitting down next to Draco he found another seat. He figured it would be best to sit away from them so he didn't say anything nasty or wrong. The last thing he wanted was to be bullied by Draco, then the year would be a living nightmare.

"There are quidditch tryouts later on today, do you want to come and watch?" He said in a friendly tone. Draco was very protective over Bella for some reason. The reason was unknown, but Bella was grateful for having a friend. She nodded shyly while taking a small bite of toasted bread.

Bella managed to get trough Charms without making too much of a fool of herself. She was the first out the classroom and as promised Draco was waiting outside for her. He was wearing his green quidditch robe and was holding a black broom in his right hand.

"So what part do you play?" She asked after a while. "Seeker." He replied. Not knowing what else she should say the rest of the walk towards the field was quite. Draco was in deep concentration, he wanted to be on this year's team to, but was unsure if he would get in. Potter the brat, fucking cached the snitch almost every game and the other players had began turning their backs at him.

Bella sat down alone on one of the benches while she watched the others fly. Off course she was way too young to play herself, but she was never going to try out anyway. Flying fifty meters above the ground didn't tempt her at all. Besides she was happy with both feet on the grown.

Bella was watching the Slytherin's try out. There were tree people who wanted Draco's position. She secretly crossed her fingers Draco would get it. He was the only one who had been nice to her. As they were flying around, something happened. Suddenly a lot of students dressed in red robes approached. She recognized one of them; he had black hair and wore glasses.

"Potty what are you doing here? We don't want people who faint all the time?" Draco spat towards the boy who was flying towards him. "At least I don't buy myself a spot at my team!" He growled back.

Draco smirked. "That's because potty is the chosen one!" It seemed like they both were on the edge to knock each other off their brooms, but instead the captains decided they would have a small match.

The snitch was in the air and both Draco and Harry were flying after it. Harry was leading, then Draco, then Harry again. They were both very close, Draco's broom was faster, but you could see Harry was a better seeker than him. Slytherin were leading with ten points, but not for long. One of the players from the other team was about to strike.

Out from the air came a bladger and hit Bella's shoulder hard. She heard a crack inside her shoulder and a large girlish scream slipped out her mouth. Draco was about to catch the snitch when he heard it and his head twirled around to see Bella at the floor whining in pain. People stopped playing as soon as they realized Draco and the two beaters from Gryffindor were gone.

"Bella what happened?" Draco asked, not knowing what else to say. Off course he new hat happened, but he panicked. She was just so small; he shouldn't have let her come with him. "Can you move your arm?" One of the twins asked.

Bella shook her head as tears ran down her face. Draco sent them both death glares, but they both replied with more threatening glares and Draco didn't dare to try himself on the two older students. Even if they had hurt his little sis.

"Come on, I'll get you to the hospital wing." Draco said. "No." She mumbled while clutching her arm to her chest.

"Don't be stupid, your arm can be broken." He said strictly, while he grabbed her uninjured arm and helped her up.

"Sorry again." The twins said simultaneously, but Bella didn't hear them. Her arm hurt too much.

"Draco! Draco where are you going! Malfoy!" The captain yelled after him, but Draco didn't even turn around. He felt guilty for Bella getting hurt and right now the most important thing was to give her something for the pain and heal her injury.

------------

Okay I am so sorry I used so long time before uploading. I have a lot of stress going on, but I hope I will get better at it! Your comments really made me want to write more! I hope this chapter is not to boring, I don't like it so much, but maybe it is just me.

Please comment, vote and fan!!!! It mean the world to me and I get butterflies in my stomach by the thought of someone actually liking my work!!!!:D

So sorry for spelling mistakes, I hope I don't have to many, if so please let me know and I will correct them at once!

I LOVE you guys!!!:D