CURSE AND TRIALS

Divija's P.O.V :

"Is she dead?" a voice echoed in the black void which I was floating aimlessly around pondering the same question. Then again what is death and what is life it's all a circle which is never ending. Hey you haven't even reached fifty yet you are already having a mid life crisis snarked that voice inside my head. Maybe I just matured mentally I argued with that voice.

"Even though human species can be regarded as one of the weakest species this little magic won't kill them" said another voice. First of all Ouch that's insulting second magic? What is happening here? Where is my mom? All these questions were swirling in my average sized brain as I tried to open my eyes.

At first I couldn't see anything but pitch black darkness but when my eyes finally adjusted to the surroundings I saw twinkling and shimmering stars all around me and also the sun which looked like it was spitting fire into the space. So this was what Coronal Mass Ejections (CME) looked like or more commonly known as a solar flare which is nothing but the sun's electromagnetic radiations and matter carried in a magnetic field. You just cannot control the science geek inside you huh the annoying voice in my mind whispered again but I couldn't concentrate on what it was saying as I could see three glowing figures in the distance. Being the idiot I am who has absolutely no sense of self preservation I began to move towards them. At first I couldn't make out their features but as I got closer I felt that they look somewhat familiar. Jeez you really do have a memory of goldfish when it comes to all things non science related ,you see these images every week when you go to a temple the voice in my head said as the recognition in my brain sparked again. They were the three most important and powerful gods in our culture and Indian mythology also known as 'Tridev'. I remembered all the things my mom said about the three gods and the times when I stole the sweets from the offering to the gods when I was young.

I sank to my knees and folded my hands in reverence as I reached in front of them. "So you have recognised who we are, do you know why you are here?" Shiva asked. "My mom would have beaten me with her slipper if I didn't visit the temple every weekend and as far as your second question is concerned I have a feeling this has something to do with you because beaming me up from my apartment seems a bit of an overkill if I were dead and there are a lot of unknown factors at play here also because my mother who didn't have any prior case of health issues or complication was found passed out on the floor in a state of comatose and before I could have called an ambulance I was brought here so please forgive me if I am being rude but where is my mother and what happened to her?" I asked calmly even though i was panicking on the inside.

As I glanced to the side I saw Vishnu smiling serenely at me yet there was an underlying mischief in his eyes. "Yes young warrior you have been brought in front of us for a reason, the reason being simple your bloodline is cursed" said Vishnu cryptically. Young warrior? Cursed bloodline? The words swirled in my mind raising a whirlwind of questions but before I could voice any of them Brahma interjected "Divija your family was a family of divine warriors entrusted by us with the knowledge to multidimensional travelling to protect and watch over the realities of different dimensions making sure that they are on the right path. Unfortunately your ancestor lost his beloved to a tragic accident but wanted to get her back from an alternate dimension which caused a rift...." "In space time continuum which might have also lead to the collapsing of multiple dimensions" I cut myself off as I realised the terrible mistake I made and bowed my head and apologised looking sheepish. You just had to geek out in the worst possible situation didn't you the voice in my head reprimanded me.

Brahma glared at me slightly before continuing "So as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, this mistake caused the Celestials and the pantheon of gods to be very angry as they had to combine their life source to bring back the dimensions back on track and to make an example out of this incident so that history doesn't repeat itself your ancestor and the whole family was cursed and this curse will persist until one true warrior will be born who will pass all seven of the trials based on principles of a warrior and if one fails to pass even one of the 7 will lose the one thing they love the most and the curse shall be passed down.