Business as usual

Start from the beginning

"Darling?" Luke quizzed.

"Yeah, she's the newish member of the team."

"Darling is a very... unique name" Luke commented, a hint of judgement and almost mockery in his voice about her name.

"I've been told I'm a very unique gal" a similarly toned mocking voice spoke from the doorway where Darling stood.

"Darling" Morgan couldn't help beaming at her and her outfit like usual;

How perfectly the pair of wide legged high waisted back 70's jeans fit, how beautifully layered the cropped box button up shirt sat under her dark brown vintage oversized blazer leather jacket, how it all came together with her brown velvet boots.

"And what's your name then mister?" Darling quizzed Luke, seemingly ignoring Morgan and his smile at her.

"Mister?" Luke raised an amused eyebrow at her southern mannerisms, "I'm Luke."

"Hm... Luke."

"Something wrong with my name?" He quizzed, a strange standoffish tone immediate between both of them.

She just shrugged, taking off her coat and hanging it up, looking over her shoulder at him and speaking in a similarly mocking tone he had of her name, "it's certainly... unique."

Luke's amused smile surprised her as he looked at her, clearly entertained by her fireback at him.

"How are you?" Morgan walked over to her, trying to find any sense of normalcy between them by handing her his coffee like he usually did since she usually forgot about a full mug if she made one for herself, normally just taking sips of his.

"Thanks" she half smiled at him, unable to make full eye contact and sipping her coffee which was when Morgan noticed the bruise on her wrist.

"What's this?" He quizzed but Hotch and the rest of the team walked in before she could avoid answering his question.

"Now that everyone's here, head to your rooms and put your bags away before we spend time updating on what we've all found out and what you found here" Hotch explained before giving a thankful nod to Morgan who had been running things from out in the mountains on the case for him.

"I have to contact the station and let them know we're here. Morgan; could you start the update and pair people off to start tasks?" Hotch asked, not noticing Emily's less than impressed face- but Darling did.

"What's up with you and Hotch?" Darling asked her casually as they went to their assigned rooms- Garcia and Emily sharing a room and Darling meant to be having her own room but as they got to the door she noticed it was already open, walking in and finding the man who had just mocked her name unpacking his clothes into the drawers and going to take off his shirt to change when he spotted her.

"Enjoying the show?" He teased, earning an eyeroll back.

"Not really, more 'enjoying' the fact you thought you could get dressed in a stranger's room- bold moves for your first case agent Alvez."

"Oh so she's funny like her name too then?" He joked, "this is my room."

"Uh, I think not" Darling held up her room key and he tilted his head with confusion, holding up his own similar key.

"You've got to be kidding me?" Darling sighed.

"Now this will be entertaining" Emily laughed at the stand off happening between Luke and Darling.

"Hotch!" She called out, walking out of the room, Luke following after.

"He's gone down to the phone at the ranger's station-" Luke explained but she kept calling out as she went down the stairs.