camping

(this song fits this story so well)
(btw i love bluey period 😭😩)

𝐄𝐉 𝐢𝐬 14.
𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐢𝐬 13.

-

14 year old ej and his parents went camping for a couple of days.

they wanted to spend more time with their son, because they're always traveling and always on their business trips.

after they were done packing, ej decided to explore.

"here son, you might need this." his dad said handing him bug spray. "and don't get lost."

ej playfully rolled his eyes. "i'm fourteen dad, i know what i'm doing."

"okay, because your mother is not really fond of bugs right now."

his dad pointed over to mrs. caswell, as she was swinging a rolled up paper in the air.

"haha, okay okay. i'll be back in a little while.,"

-

as ej was walking around, admiring the beautiful scenery of nature, the trees, the water streams, giant rocks.

he spotted an giant open space with a beautiful clear view of the glowing sun.

"woah, this is nice. i wonder if i can find-" he said to himself, only to be interrupted by another boy's voice.

"jesus these crazy mosquitoes." a stranger said, as he tripped and almost fell on a random rock. ej was quick to catch him, before he even hit the dirty ground.

"woah, you came out of nowhere." the young boy quickly spoke. "um you can stand me up now."

ej snapped out of his trance, and spoke. "oh, sorry, i blinked out a little.,"

the boy chuckled, and held his hand out.

"hi, i'm ricky."

"hey, i'm ej."

"cool, does it stand for anything.. elton john? extreme jerk?" ricky chuckled as they were still shaking hands.

"haha, yeah, no, it stands for elijah james.. is 'ricky' like your nickname?" ej replied, as he felt the boy let go of his hand, in return, ej just felt a little empty, because of the loss of the other boy's touch.

"yeah, my real name's richard bowen. but i think it sounds like an old man's name, so i just stuck to ricky as long as i can remember." the shorter boy smiled.

"oh, so you from around here?"

"no, me and my parents are just visiting, i heard this city is quite the city."

"eh, i think it gets kinda boring as you experience it more... you and your parents decided to go camping?" the taller boy pointed at ricky also with a can of bug spray.

"shit..yeah."

"language."

they both let out laughs. but the laughter ended up into an awkward moment of silence.

until ricky broke the ice.

"um, so what do you wanna do, i'm quite new at this camping stuff. you seem like a pro." ricky let out a sigh.

"oh me? nah, i'm new at this too. i really don't like being outdoors, not like that but you know what i mean, right?"

ricky waved his hand in insuring.

"totally get it, by the way, how old are you anyway?, just a random question, you don't have to answer."

"no no, you're good, i'm 14. you?" the taller added.