Oc Snowball Maltese

My namesake, Snowball Maltese was the first Octonauts OC I ever created

She was not a self-insert at all! In fact, she is far different from me in a lot of ways.
I just liked her so I made her name my username.

Now I know people aren't nearly as interested to read about other people's OCs as they are to see other people draw official characters, so you can skip the read on this one if you like. :)

Initially, created the character as a love interest for Kwazii, to get in the way of Peso and Kwazii's relationship. Narrative tension, right? :) (In my AU Peso has a thing for Kwazii.
So as you can imagine that Peso was pretty ticked off by her.) But over time Snowball became her own character with motivations and goals, not just some one-time character for a single story.

She is a 24-year-old Maltese dog from San Antonio, Texas, and Dashi's cousin, and is actually somewhat famous within this universe. She is a semi-famous actor, so not "gets on Jimmy Fallon" famous, more like "gets a joke or two made about her on Family Guy sometimes" famous.

So naturally, when Kwazii, a straight man (in my AU), hears this beautiful, rich woman is Dashi's cousin, he is all over the idea of them getting together. So Dashi, against Barnacles warnings about how badly setting people up usually goes in sitcoms, sets Snowball and Kwazii up. And they go together for a while, but as time went on Kwazii felt less and less enchanted with her, and more and more annoyed by her. So to everyone's surprise, (seeing as how beautiful she is said to be,) and much to Peso's relief, Kwazii dumps her.

And Barnacles gets his "I told you so" moment.

And that's Snowball's origin story. :D

Wow, that turned out longer than I thought it would!
Thanks for reading the whole thing if you did!

~Snowball_