Chapter 14: Stop it!

Start from the beginning

She sighed and regained her expression once again, "Okay everyone! As we all know that the festival is coming up next Monday and since we're an official club we have been given the opportunity to participate in self promotion performances! Which means we get to do something that will improve our impression as a club and we can get new members!"

"P-performing..?" I hear Natsuki whisper with her expression only shifting.

"What did you have in mind Monika..?" Yuri questioned as she closed her book.

"I'm glad you asked! If you may recall our daily poem writing activities? Well now we can put those experiences to the tests and on full display by reciting our poems during the festival!"

"Wait what?!"

"Huh?!"

Natsuki and Yuri exclaim in a panic as the rest of us are slightly taken aback by their interjection.

"Y-you want us to perform infront of everyone in the school?!"

"Well it won't necessarily be everyone, just anyone who enters the club during the festival. Once we reach a sufficient amount of people we then recite our poems and show everyone our passion and skills in literature! I'm sure it'll work and be worth it in the end!"

"B-but...! That's too sudden, I couldn't possibly...do such a thing front of so many people.." Yuri only backed up Natsuki's fears as if Monika's words of inspiration meant nothing.

Monika looked back at both me and Sayori with a nervous expression as we weren't really sure how to work out their stage fright.

"Come on guys, it'll be fun~! You two write amazing poems and a skill like that needs to be shared with everyone! I know you can do it!" Sayori slides in to help out with her usual bright sense of optimism but their walls don't seem to be caving in.

I notice Natsuki's face slowly turning into a rather agitated expression as it raised my concerns. Before I could even butt in she spoke up, "What is it with you Monika!? Do you not care about what your members think at all."

"Woah hold on n-" I'm halted by Monika who raised her and to silence me.

"No, let her speak."

Natsuki gladly continues, "Is this all you've been thinking about since the month started? New members, grow the club's reputation? Did you even consider our opinion befor dropping something like that on us and expect us to happily take it?!"

What the fuck am I listening to?

"I-...agree with Natsuki!"

REALLY YURI?! YOU GET THAT CONFIDENCE NOW OF ALL TIMES?!

"Guys....Monika does it all for us, she's our president, we planned this for a while and thought it would be a good idea! Of course she cares." Sayori sounds like she's about to cry but still stands by at Monika's side.

"Oh you're one to talk to! You'd say yes to literally anything cus you never think ahead!" Natsuki added.

"How does that make any sense?! I'm not the one whining just because I'm too scared to stand infront of other people!" Is this really Sayori talking...?