ACT I: Fresh Start

A/N: So, as you can see I have another update right after posting. I actually ended up writing two chapters before publishing the first.

I'm glad all of you enjoyed the first chapter!

Thank you for the comments and votes!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Taiwan, Tainan

2012. 08. 12

"Tzuyu! Come on let's go!" One of Tzuyu's friends from school called out to her. She was currently in class, cleaning up her desk, and placing her books back into her bag. The young teen nodded her head and made her way out of the classroom joining her friends out in the hall.

"Ugh... Why did she have to give us so much homework this week..." One her friends complained, her shoulders dropping down in despair.

"Come on... It's not that bad" Tzuyu replied, thinking her friend was overexaggerating. Tzuyu went to an all-girls private school, a nice one at that. Most of the girls here come from relatively well-off families, so most if not all the girls here are quite intelligent. "Besides your good at math anyways"

"Just because i'm good at it, doesn't mean I enjoy it" Her friend shot back with a frown. "Plus, you probably get the help of Huo-Lin"

Tzuyu could only chuckle and shake her head. Her friends began to giggle upon hearing his name.

"Speaking of Huo-Lin..." Another friend spoke, pointing out the window to a black-haired boy, wearing another school's uniform. Tzuyu looked to the gates where he usually stood, and her expression turned dark.

She glared at the girls who were all crowded around him. She began fast walking her way down the hall, with her friends giggling and following behind her. Tzuyu more or less sped down the stairs changing from her indoor shoes to outdoor shoes in a flash before stepping outside.

Every step she took towards the crowd was heavy, evident by her long hair bouncing up and down. When she got closer, the group of girls made a hole and let her in. Upon seeing Tzuyu walk up to him, he smiled and gave her a small wave.

"Oh! Hey, early this time--WHOA!" Huo-Lin's hand was suddenly grabbed by Tzuyu pulling him along out of the school gates. When he was being dragged out, the girls all said their goodbyes with giggles, and Huo-Lin not wanting to be rude, waved good bye to them as well. Tzuyu could hear the giggles of glee and a vein popped out from her head, showing frustration.

The two finally got a quite a bit of distance from the school and Tzuyu finally stopped at an intersection. She turned around with an annoyed look she tried to hide. "What did they ask you?" She demanded; her eyes boring into his.

"Huh? Uh... They just asked me what I was doing afterwards--" He answered.

"What did you say?" She interrupted.

"W-Well... I just told them I had somewhere to go with you today" Huo-Lin answered a little frightened by Tzuyu's expression. He didn't understand why she looked so angry. "Then you pulled me away."

"Tzuyu! You left so quick!" Tzuyu's friends now caught up to them, panting since they had to run after her. When her friends saw Huo-Lin, they all stopped and shyly waved hello to him.

"Oh! Hello" Huo-Lin said waving back to them with a smile of his own. This small action making them smile with some blushes on their cheeks.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and yanked Huo-Lin's arm. "Come on, let's go. I have to get the dance studio." She said, dragging him along to cross the intersection.

While Huo-Lin, Tzuyu, and her friends were waiting for the walking light, Tzuyu heard her friends whispering to each other. Already a bit irritated from before, she turned her head to glare at them, only to see them giggling and looking down and to Huo-Lin's direction. Tzuyu raised an eyebrow and looked at him. He seemed pretty normal, just looking ahead... Tzuyu then looked down, and noticed...