"Maybe if you didn't follow me like you were my father, you wouldn't get in these fights," Amelia argued angrily.

"Maybe if there weren't guys looking up your skirt without you noticing all the time, I'd feel like you were safer out in public," I retorted, narrowing my eyes.

She scoffed. "They don't do that."

"Because you never catch them when they do." I leaned my head down so our faces were closer. "But I do."

Her cheeks began to heat up and she continued treating my face, remaining silent for the rest of the time. My hands snuck around her waist and I pulled her onto my lap, hearing her shaky inhale. Once she finished putting bandages on my cheek and brow, Amelia moved to get off. I wouldn't allow her.

"Lucian," she warned breathily, gasping when my hands slipped up her shirt. I've missed her so much. It felt like the year passed so slowly with her here and me off in university. "Your parents could be home any minute. I need to finish patching those cuts and then I need to leave and pack for college."

Amelia tried getting off of my lap but I held her down with one hand, cupping her cheek with the other.

"Stay," I murmured, leaning in closer to her lips. "Please."

"What about Stacey," she muttered, jealousy clear in her voice.

"I was never seeing her." I tilted her head up. What about Will?"

She bit her lip. "I was never seeing him."

"Then I have no reason to feel bad doing this," I muttered, pressing my lips to hers.

I woke up to Mia running a hand through my hair while a book was in her other, concentrating on reading. My eyebrows pushed together in confusion and I rubbed my eyes, looking around.

Did I really have a dream about a past event?

"You okay?" Mia's soft voice spoke up.

I looked up into her golden-brown eyes and watch a smile pull at her lips. I don't say anything, sitting up and pressing our lips together softly. Her smile widened and she wrapped an arm around my neck, only pulling away when she felt me starting to.

"I love you," I whispered, kissing her nose.

She chuckled. "I love you more. Don't argue with me about it either because we both know it's true.

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

She nodded with a smile, laughing when my hands pinched her sides gently. I smiled up at her and pulled her back down, pressing my lips to hers once again. Mia let out a quiet hun of content and looped her other arm around my neck, causing my hand to move up to her hair.

"Mm... wait," she gasped when my hips flexed upwards. "We're not having sex until you're better, you sneak."

I whined quietly. "I've walked two days after getting my legs busted by those idiots before; a fractured wrist and a few tiny rib cracks are nothing."

"Do you even listen to yourself when you speak?" She asked with a frown. "I don't care if you think you're better. I was never there for every time something like this did happen so just... let me take care of you. Please. You've always taken care of me so this is the least I could do."

I stared at her and felt my stubbornness simmer down into defeat for the angel in my arms, nodding my head. Mia smiled widely at my submission and got comfortable on my lap, blushing when she could most definitely feel my boner. I tilted my head back as her hand directed, closing my eyes as she applied some gentle creams to the cuts on my face that were beginning to scab up.

"What are we going to do?" She whispered.

I opened my eyes. "What do you mean?"

"With everything going on," she continued, cupping my cheek as she applied more cream to my eyebrow. "What about your apartment?"

I sighed, closing my eyes again. "Well... I was thinking about that. With your approval, of course, but I kind of thought the two of us could... just stay here."

Amelia straightened up and pursed her lips, not allowing me to read her emotions.

"Like I said, it's only if you're okay with it," I continued quickly. "You wouldn't have to work at that boring ass job, I'd be able to do most of my work from home unless there's a meeting. I could take my jet then."

"Luc—"

"Plus," I continued rambling, not able to stop my nervous brain from making me speak. "There's a guesthouse not too far away where the guys can stay since you've all gotten so close with them a-and extra rooms for kids—I-I mean for the future! Not now!—"

Amelia covered the lower half of my face and when my mouth stopped moving, my face flushed red at half of the shit that came out of my face. She smiled at me, amused.

"There's that shy stuttering boy I've always known," Mia murmured, kissing me gently. I returned it and cupped one of her cheeks, whining quietly when she pulled back. "This place is perfect, baby. It's nice and secluded, absolutely beautiful, roomy for the family. It's a great idea."

I felt my shoulders sag with relief and I pecked her lips again. Her smile widened.

"Okay, okay," Mia chuckled, gently pushing my shoulders down and looking at my bare chest. "I need to treat the rest of your wounds so if you sit still and be good I might give you a reward."

My lips curled into a smirk and I removed my hands from her, hearing her shaky breath.

"Whatever my lady wants," I said back, squeezing my eyes shut and hissing as she cleaned my wounds up.

*****
***
**

WORD COUNT: 2009