"Oh yeah?" I challenged with a smirk.

"Mhm—" she nodded as she hummed "—something like 'I love you without all of that stuff on your face, Mia' or 'you look good for me without needing to try'."

I laughed at her imitation of my voice, tipping my head back. I could hear Mia telling me to stop laughing through her own giggles but she let me carry on through my quick laughing fit.

"That was a terrible impression," I chuckled, keeping my eyes closed.

"It was pretty good, actually," she argued, exclaiming my name when I wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her on my lap. "Lucian, you're still healing."

"You're fine here," I responded, rubbing her hip. I looked down her body. "I get a nice view, anyway."

Amelia's face flushed red and she shook her head, beginning to braid my hair.

"Any leads on Kian?" She asked gently.

I grunted, resting my head on the headboard. "No. I've got Theo anonymously giving the police leads on them. They don't plan to attack without a big enough lead on him."

"What if they figure out it's you guys?" She asked. I could hear the nerves starting to get to her. "A-and they take you two away?"

"Theo's the best at what he does, Mia," I assured her gently. "Don't worry."

I laid back slowly and Mia carefully rolled beside me, kissing my chest.

"You need more rest," she whispered gently. "Sleep, Lucian. I'll be here when you wake up."

I hesitantly nodded my head and moved my head to her neck, closing my eyes as slumber was quick to set in.

I was watching from afar as Amelia walked through the mall with her friends, her lips stretched into a wide smile from something one of them said. It suddenly changed into a deep frown when a group of guys called her and her group a bunch of inappropriate catcalls.

My hands twitched as Amelia rushed out of view, obviously self-conscious of the adorable skirt she decided to wear on the hottest day of the year so far. She didn't have any work so Amelia went to the mall with her friends. Being me, I decided to go with her just in case there were boys like the disgusting ones following her—she gave in after catching me the first two times, anyway.

It wasn't her fault they couldn't hide their disgusting needs. Which is why I did what I did.

"You're an absolute idiot, Lucian D'Angelo," Amelia whispered harshly, wiping the blood and cuts on my face. She started at my forehead and eyebrow, then my cheekbone, and finally, my lip and chin.

"If I still managed to beat all four of those idiots by myself then why does it matter what happened to me?" I muttered back, my eyes staring at her lips as she concentrated on treating my wounds.

"You could have broken something and come crying back to me, half of which you have already done," she explained, her eyebrows pushing together in frustration when my lips curled into an amused grin. "I'm serious. You could have gotten really hurt."

She's adorable.

"They didn't even punch hard, Mia," I tried to assure her.