𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 47: 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐹𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦

Start from the beginning

"Although I'd rather have you do something else with your free time, I'm not mad." He clarified.

"How did you know?" I asked, confused. He put his book down and looked at me. "Please... All the sudden you start going to the park with Miguel and Mr. Lawrence everyday? Do you expect me to think you're having daily picnics or something?"

I chuckled softly. "I also saw Mr. Lawrence wearing the shirt." He added.

"I just want to make one more thing very clear." He started, his voice very stern now. "If something remotely dangerous happens at all, I'm taking you, and we're moving back to Florida. Got it?" He stated.

My heart skipped a beat. He's never threatened to move back to Florida. I hated Florida. The thought of leaving Miguel and all the people I love most in the world... it terrifies me.

I can't even imagine it...

I nodded without saying anything. "Understand?" Bucky said again. "Understand." I replied quietly.

Then I got up, and went into my room. 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Where are we going?" I asked.

Henry was driving me somewhere, but he hasn't told me where. He just picked me up, and started driving.

"I want you to meet someone." He responded with a smile. I responded with a nod; excited to see who I was meeting.

After a 15 minute drive, we arrived somewhere that I hoped I'd never have to see again.

The hospital.

I looked at him; worry in my eyes. He sent me a warm smile and grabbed my hand. "It'll be ok.
I promise." He said, before putting a hand on my cheek and kissing my lips. The kiss was reassuring, and it calmed me down.

We both got out and walked inside. Henry led me through the hospital and towards our destination; hand in hand. We turned some hallways, went in the elevator, until he stopped outside of one of the rooms.

"Here it is." He stated. I gulped. He squeezed my hand lightly, before opening the door and pulling me inside.

The room was dull, cold, and sad; just like any other hospital room. He led me around a blue curtain, to a hospital bed. In the bed, laid the body of a woman. She was looking outside the window, gazing at the scenery. The woman had a colorful cloth wrapped around her head.

I knew this situation all too well.

I stopped, and Henry walked up to the bed. "Hey, mom." He said, getting the woman's attention. The beautiful woman turned to look at Henry. "Henry, my love." She greeted, pulling him into a hug.

They hugged for a moment, before the woman finally noticed me standing there. She smiled and looked up at Henry.

"Mom, this is y/n."

She looked back at me, a huge grin on her face. "The y/n? The one my son won't shut up about?"

Henry's cheeks got red as he scratched the back of his neck. "Wow Hen, she's even prettier than you described her..." She whispered to Henry, but I still heard. Henry's mom held her hands out to me, so I walked over and held them.

"I'm Emma, Henry's mom." She smiled. "I'm y/n. Henry's girlfriend." I smiled back. "Oh, he's told me all about you." She said kindly. I giggled, while Henry stood with red cheeks.

"It's an honor to meet you." I said to Henry's mom, before I felt a small tap on my back. I turned and was faced with a small girl, who had brown hair and green eyes. I could tell instantly who's family she belonged to.

"Hi! I'm Clair! I'm Henry's little sister!" She said cheerfully. I kneeled down to match her height. "Hello Clair! It's so nice to meet you!" I said, holding out my hand for her to shake. But instead of shaking my hand, she embraced me in a big hug.

"Is it true?" She whispered in my ear. "Is what true?" I whispered back. "Are you and Henry babes?" She asked with a wide smile. I nodded in confirmation. She giggled and put her hands over her mouth.

I stood back up and faced Henry and his mom again. They were both watching the situation; smiling. We all laughed together.

"Looks like you fit right in!" Emma said kindly.

All the sudden, the woman winced and put a hand on her head. "Henry, honey, can you get me some water, please?" She asked. "Of course." Henry nodded, before walking quickly to fill a glass of water.

"I'm so sorry you have to see me like this." Emma apologized. I felt a ball of sadness in my stomach. I assured her it was ok, before Henry came back with some water. She drank it and sighed.

The rest of the night at the hospital, I hung with the whole Thomas family. I read books to everyone, I played games with Clair, I talked a lot with Emma, Henry and I exchanged many glances as the day went on.

It was getting dark, and I decided it was best for me to get home.

"It was very nice meeting you, y/n. I hope we can do this again soon." Emma said. "I hope we can do this again soon too." I smiled.

Clair gave me another big hug, and whispered something else in my ear. "You look like a princess." She said. I smiled and whispered something back. "You're the prettiest princess I've ever seen." I whispered.

She giggled and spun in the pink, fluffy skirt she was wearing.

"Ready?" Henry asked, grabbing my hand.

I nodded and smiled.

A tear dropping from my eye.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Thank you for bringing me there."

Henry gave me a sincere smile. "I really love your family." I added. "They really love you too." He smiled.

Silent tears fall from my eyes. "I hope your mom gets better. She really is an angel."

A small tear fell from Henry's eye as well. "Thank you." He said. I cupped his cheek with my hand, and we both leaned in for a kiss. It was slow, and soft, and meaningful.

We admired each other for a moment after we pulled apart. I gave him one last smile, before leaving his car. I started walking to my apartment, when Henry called my name again.

"Y/n!"

I turned to look at him. "Yeah?"

He sat silent for a few seconds. "I think I..."

"Never mind." He said, finishing his sentence.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Henry spoke one last time.

I smiled and turned back around; heading to my apartment.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

A/N: THANKS FOR 70k READS!! HOWWW IS THIS HAPPENING? LMAO IM SURPRISED PEOPLE ARE STILL READING THIS—

ANYWAYS, THANKS SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!

<333