𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 47: 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐹𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦

Start from the beginning

Sensei tried to call up the next person, but Miguel refused to quit. Miguel insisted on trying again. Sensei agreed, and Miguel tried again. This time, he tried to kick the frisbee, and ended up falling to the ground. I winced.

Everyone rushed to his side, to make sure he was alright. I could tell he was flustered, angry, and embarrassed. He yelled to everyone that he was fine, and everyone backed up.

"All right, everybody. Take five, go get some water. But not from the fountain, I saw some meth head wipe his ass in it." Sensei yelled. Everyone went to drink water, while Miguel walked up to Sensei. I grabbed my water bottle and walked up to Sensei as well.

"It's ok if you can't do the things you could before. No one is expecting you to be your old self." Sensei whispered to Miguel, as I took a swig of water. Miguel sighed and looked to the ground. I offered my water bottle to Miguel, to which he gave me a side smile and thankfully accepted my water.

"You've gotta be shitting me!" Assface, or should I now say Penis Breath, yelled suddenly. Everyone looked over for an explanation of his sudden outburst. "They cancelled the All Valley!" He yelled.

"They did what?" Sensei yelled. "They can't do that! Does it say why?" I asked. Assface shook his head and looked down it his phone. "It just says they don't think it's appropriate to host this year."

"That's bullshit! We've gotta do something!" I yelled. Everyone looked back at Sensei. "Sensei?" I asked, encouraging him to tell us his input. He hesitated for a moment. "Class dismissed."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Sensei gave Miguel and I a ride back to the apartment complex. We talked about the All Valley cancellation the whole way back.

"You need to tell them what karate means to you. How you started Cobra Kai to help kids like us, you know, taught us to stand up for ourselves." Miguel said as we all got out of the car.

"Maybe this is a blessing in disguise." Sensei said. Miguel and I furrowed our eyebrows. "What's the supposed to mean?" Miguel asked. "Well it's not like you were even gonna fight anyway." Sensei chuckled.

Miguel stopped in his tracks. "Of course I was." Miguel defended. We all stopped, and the two turned to face each other. "Training with no contact is one thing, I can't risk you getting hurt again."

"That's not fair! I'm working hard! I'm getting better!" Miguel said, raising his voice. "It's for your own safety." Sensei replied quietly.

The two continued to fight and argue, until Miguel eventually stormed off in anger. Sensei watched him walk away, before he looked back at me. I sighed and looked down to the ground. I zipped up my jacket to hide my shirt, then went inside my apartment.

Uncle Bucky was sitting on the couch, reading a book. He looked up to me and smiled. "How was your day, Bug?" He asked. "It was alright." I side smiled, before silence grew between the two of us.

I thought about Miguel's advice from earlier. My mind went back and forth between telling him about karate and not telling him, until eventually, the words just slipped out of my mouth.

"I'm doing karate again." I admitted quickly. Bucky looked up to me with an unreadable expression.

"I know." He eventually said, before looking back down at his book. My eyebrows furrowed and my mouth closed tightly.

He didn't look back up. "Aren't you mad?" I asked. "No." He sighed without looking up. I quickly took a seat on the couch as well. "So you're... not mad?" I asked, making sure I was hearing this right.