Unsinkable Chapter - 31 (part-1)

Unedited.

Do tell me what you think of the story so far. ❤️

.

.

My eyes wandered in the crowd, every passing second my heart thudded a bit more loudly. I wanted to scream and cry but I was suddenly incapable of that. I saw a few people looking at me and I realised I was creating a scene in the middle of the street. I walked to the side of the road and sat on the empty bench by the Gelato shop. My hands reached for my phone. I groaned the moment my fingers brushed across my waist where the sling bag should have rested. It hit me that I kept the bag on top of Asher's. My head started to hurt and my eyes teared up even more. Tremors ran up my hands and down my spine as sadness spread through my bones.

Don't cry, he's going to find you.

I was afraid he wouldn't find me but then again he wasn't that cruel. I looked around, my face was red and my eyes puffy, I tapped my foot impatiently as fear curled around my gut and squeezed it. I tried to think of good things but there was nothing but darkness behind my eyes. A series of faces started to flash in the dark and my body tensed. Thomas, Alina, Charlie, Lily, Victoria. My eyes snapped open. I shook my head trying to get them out of my thoughts.

My eyes moved left and right, looking for him. I bit my lower lip as fresh tears formed in my eyes threatening to roll down my face. A slight ache ran down my body. I sighed and dumped my face in the palm of my hands. The cold metal on the finger of left hand touched my cheek making me shiver.

I knew the worst thing I could have done was to look around. So , I stayed where I last saw him.

I licked my chapped lips and looked down at my palms, the platinum band glistened. I missed him.

I turned my hands to look at the heavy stone and tears rolled down my face. My jaw clenched as I tried to hold back a sob.

I entwined my hand, help me, please. Pleas-

"Fucking idiot-" I paled under the weight of his voice. My insides turned into a mush.

"You fucking idiot," my head snapped up and before I could even blink I was pulled into a tight embrace. A painful sob left my mouth and my body shook in the grip of his strong arms as I cried wrapping my arms around him. There was something so intense in his voice, it scared me. He was on the edge, he sounded angry and worried. His smell enveloped me and ease spread through my veins.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" His lips pressed to my neck and I cried even harder as he buried his face in my neck, holding me even tighter as if he was afraid I'd dissapear in thin air.

If there was a place made for me, it was with him, it was him. He was my place. No matter he reciprocated or not, my tiny little heart would live on the memories of moments like these. Where he held me so close, where I could feel his heart beating for me, where he cared and I'd love him for it.

"I'm sorry- I lost you." I couldn't look at him, not like this.

"No, you didn't. I'm here." His words were so gentle, I hugged him even tighter, I didn't realise until now that my feet were in the air as he held me to his chest.

Taller, wiser, older, better, mine. Those words jumped around in my head the same instance he let go, dropping me to my feet and taking a step back. I looked down. I didn't want him to see my blotchy face.

"Breathe. You're shaking."

I nodded

"I thought-"