Unsinkable Chapter - 29 (part - 3)

**

**

I had so much fun writing this chapter

I had so much fun writing this chapter. Hope you enjoy it. Do tell me what you think. Its a long one. ❤️

*Unedited*

Asher turned his attention to Clayton while I finished my meal. I didn't even know what even was on my plate. It was delicious so I didn't bother myself much to know about it. The room was pretty loud, they were still playing the same boring music. I found myself zoning out to a quiet place.

"What have you been doing lately, Grayson? Haven't heard from you in a while. Thought you went undercover. Then, you show up with a wife out of nowhere?" A man's voice said and a few laughs followed which made me frown. My head snapped in their direction. Some of them were looking at me. My gut turned into knots. They screamed trouble.

"I've been minding my own business. I hope that's not a problem, Charlie." Asher leaned back in his chair, his gaze fixed on the man. The only word that came to my mind when I looked at him was, shabby. His appearance was nothing but shabby. He looked drunk to the brim. His eyes a little to dark. He had an insincere look on his face.

"Oh no, it's not. Was just wondering where my friend went." He let out a loud forced laugh then shoved some food into his mouth.

"Your friend? " Asher seemed disgusted and annoyed.

"Aren't we?" Charlie questioned, smiling. Asher just stared at him and Charlie's face dimmed under Asher's stern gaze.
"Relax Asher, I'm just joking." Charlie cleared his throat.

"Being pathetic and covering it up with your annoying laughter is not funny." Asher said and I smiled looking down at my food.

"Hey, Calm down!" Another voice said.

"How's Anton, Still in his den?" People were watching the two of them. I wondered why Clayton was so quiet. He was Asher's friend he should have been defending him.

Asher went quiet but his eyes never left Charlie. Charlie shouldn't have brought up Anton. I wanted to hold Asher's hand, I wanted to take him away from this sick crowd. They did nothing but fuel the darkness within him.