"Oh really? Then I'll join you guys." She replied.

"On the second thought, I'll accept your invitation too."

He immediately changed his mind.

That's it! Maya's so smart! We can know more about Conrad's impression with Charles if we eat with him. Maya used and improved my lame excuse to get a better look at him. Eating with both him and Athena is better than just observing them from afar.

Athena looked reluctant when she heard Charles changed his mind.

"I thought you don't want to join us for lunch since it's not related to work." I said.

"I just realized that it was rude of me to reject your offer since you're one of our company's endorsers. I apologize for rejecting your offer. "

How smooth. He immediately changed his mind because Athena is joining us.

It's true that Athena does not like him. She looks uncomfortable with him.

"Well that settles it. See you in a short while." Charles walked away then entered to their office.

I looked at Maya and she still looked dazzled with Charles's presence.

"Don't tell me you're infatuated with him like other ladies here." I said.

"He's one handsome man. He's tall, sexy, beautiful eyes and hair, and manly! He's a nice catch!" Maya said this with an excited tone.

Athena looks like she really doesn't want to join us for lunch. I asked her if she still wants to join us. It would be bad if I force her to.

"I'm happy to join with both of you for lunch but... Sir Charles is coming..." She said.

I reassured her that if he gets rude to her during lunch, I will kick his ass for her.

She chuckled at me and said that I don't have to do that because he's not that rude anymore to her.

"Then what makes you worry then?" Maya asked.

"I-it's nothing. It's just awkward." She said.

"You never ate lunch or dinner with him?" I asked.

"I do eat with him with my colleagues during lunch and I ate dinner with him before... "

She looked at her watch and panicked. She said that she should go and give the envelope she's holding to the legal department.

"I'll see you later after I just give this envelope. There's still 10 minutes before 12PM." She added.

She walked away with a fast pace. Maya and I are left alone.

"You're a genius kid! We have a chance to see how Charles sees Athena!" I excitedly praised Maya.

She boasted and joked that she's really genius in making ways.

"Athena's so lucky! She is being liked by a hot guy! I want to have a guy just like him!" Maya added.

"She's indeed lucky but hey, did you notice Athena's reaction when she said it was awkward to eat with him?"

She nodded.

"She blushed!" Both of us was in sync.

"I've got a bad feeling." I said.

Maya shook her head slowly as if she's disappointed and said "What will my brother say if we told him this."

"Let's not assume. She must have been flustered." I said.

"Yeah, you might be right."

.
.
.
.
.