XVIL - Until Death do us Part

Last chapter owo

Once this book has been edited and the names changed, it'll be available for purchase on Amazon as a paperback for those who want it! I'll leave a link on my wattpad page when it's done so if you follow me, you'll be notified!

PS: I will kindly ask you to not mention the original (this one) on amazon though if you purchase the book, nor mention the names of these characters/refer to the fandom they're from on any of my platforms besides this one! I'm not in this fandom anymore and I like to separate myself from it by keeping all of the one direction content on here only. I hope you understand, thank you!

***

"Uh, hello? Louis? Where were you last night?" Niall asked, leaning his bicycle against the school wall as he squinted up at a grinning Louis sat at the top of it, "You were supposed to watch Top of the Pops with me!"

Louis watched Niall jump over the school gate, climb up the bank and swing his leg over the wall so they were facing one another. He took the packet of peanuts and juicebox from Louis, scowling at him.

"I'm sorry." Louis said, "Something came up, but I swear on my life that I'll be there to watch it next week! Every week after that, too. Forever."

Louis beamed at Niall who had trouble saying angry at anyone, let alone someone with a face that sweet.

"Every week. Forever." He agreed, "Where were you?"

Before Louis could reply, Niall gasped and slapped his friend so hard that they both came close to falling off the high wall.

"Oh. My. God. Louis!" he said, "You were at Olivia Greenwood's party, weren't you?! I saw it on the School Page! She hosted it in memory of her third cousin twice removed who died from falling off a horse and snapping his neck on a rock. I cannot believe that—firstly, it's not butter—and that you went without me!"

"I didn't!" Louis said before Niall could further convince himself otherwise. "I'm never going to another house party for as long as I live. I swear on your mum."

"Then, where were you?"

"Well, Niall—for quite some time, I've been involved with the human trafficking unit of the British Mafia; it happened completely by accident when I got kidnapped on my Harley Davidson in front of the bakery." Louis said, leaning forward on his hands, "What happened yesterday was that I was in court to get the Mafia's boss to hang himself from the ceiling in attempt to save the person who kidnapped me because that person's an absolute scumbag but I've taken quite a fancy to them. Most people do.. Either way, it was ever so exhausting that by the time Zayn, Liam and I got home, we were zonked and went straight to sleep, and that is how I missed Top of the Pops."

Niall gasped again, wide eyes staring at Louis as he adjusted the hearing aid in his ear, "Cor!" he shouted, "Your imagination is mad wicked! No wonder the English teacher loved you!"

Louis laughed, rocking back and forth on the wall, shaking his head to feel the ringlets wobble against his nape.

"I really like stories." He said, "Especially ones where the villains win."

***

At half past six, during dinner at the Tomlinson Residence, a knocking came at the front door, followed by the doorbell ringing. Louis was too busy complaining about the hair in his spaghetti hoops to either notice or care, nor did he notice when Harry walked into the room following the maid who'd let him in.

Everyone in the dining room went quiet, including Liam and Zayn who waited for all hell to break loose. Louis, who still hadn't noticed, said,

"This hair's curly. Like Rosie's. Mum, Rosie put her hair in my food."