XVII - Vulture Eyes

Hellooo

CW: This chapter contains violence, blood and death

I hope you enjoy it!

***

Liam stood there quite peacefully, twirling the gun around and around his finger, occasionally stopping to spin it the other way. He was staring into the darkest corner of the carpark that Louis couldn't see, until the girl's footsteps caught his attention.

He turned, and a small yet warm smile lifted on his face.

"So," he said, putting his gun in his belt. "Diana. We meet again."

Diana marched over, and made him flinch with a hard slap to the chest, which Louis sympathised with. "Missed you, you ugly bastard. Where's the other one? Is he dead?"

"You'd love that, wouldn't you?" Zayn's voice said from the shadows where Liam had been staring a few moments before. He emerged with a half-eaten apple in one hand and a baseball bat in the other. He swung the bat around a few timed before tossing his apple in the air and slamming it into a nearby ceiling light. All four people watched the light sway on its rusty cords, until it fell and shattered on the ground.

Diana turned back to Zayn and sneered, "Nice one. A whole year apart and you still have no aim. God knows how you survived this long, Pisshead." She snatched the gun from Liams's belt and spun around. As her body turned, she shot the weapon, and a bullet burst through the air, hitting the exit light at the far end of the huge car park. She grabbed Liam's trousers and shoved the gun back in them with a smug smile. "That's how you shoot, fuckface."

Zayn leant on his bat like a cane and clicked his tongue. "You're truly the most unlikeable bastard I've ever met. You know I've met some pretty damn unlikeable people."

"You don't mean that." Diana said.

"Don't I?" Zayn replied, standing up and swinging his bat over his shoulders. "Because each time you come back here, you think you run the place but you're doing the dirty work just like us. You're on River Boys' turf here, and last time I checked, you weren't a part of the pack. Don't mess with me in places you don't belong or I'll be the one to bury you."

"Hey, Zee, knock it off." Liam said, rather lazily.

Zayn ignored him, and walked up to Diana who pulled a chef's knife from her pocket.

"Back off." Diana said, flipping the knife in her hand so it faced backwards. Zayn kept walking towards her, hitting the bat in his hand.

"You know, I understand why your brother never asks you to stay. If you were my sister, I'd not bother, either."

He raised the bat, and Louis watched in horror as it came flying towards Diana's face. As it did so, the knife in the girl's hand swung as well, and a trembling explosion went off.

The whole carpark shook. The security cameras blurred, the sound crackled, and Louis lept up and ran to the glass to see if anyone was hurt. Far below, he saw Liam and Diana taken aback by what had happened but unharmed. Zayn, however, was squirming on the floor, while a murderer with Raspberry Rose curls stepped on his neck, pointing a smoking gun at his face.

Louis turned to the monitor. A bullet lay by the dented knife and split bat, from the same gun that Louis himself had once held.

A frightening face stared down at Zayn, with deep green eyes lined in black makeup, completely empty of light.

Louis couldn't pull himself away from them. They watched Zayn, unblinking and wide open. Harry's entire face was stiff, as if frozen solid, but behind those vulture eyes, he was circling his prey ready for the catch. That brilliant mind of his was working faster than anyone else's ever could, and that was what chilled Louis to the bone.