~16~

y/n POV

I heard some people talking. Two voices. Two voices I knew very well. I opened my eyes to see Toby and Wil talking to each other. Toby had obviously been crying. What had I done? I bet I made him feel like shit.

"I wasn't there... I should've been there for him somehow Will" Toby was saying as he shut his puffy eyes tightly. "Tubbo, there was nothing you could do. This is in no way your fault. Y/n loves you. He was just.. a little too lost. He couldnt see the light at the end of the tunnel. He was facing the wrong direction, but now he needs us to help turn him around so that he can see it there. So he can see the better ending than just the darkness. You're here now. That's what matters." Wilburs eyes started tearing up again.

Toby wrapped his arms around my brother. "hey I want one" I said quietly, my voice breaking as I was trying not to cry. Toby looked at me, stood there for a second, then almost tackled me with a hug. He held me tightly, and I didn't want him to let go.

He weirdly smelled like peppermint. I buried my face in the crook of his neck as he continued to hold me.

When he finally pulled away he sat down in another chair next to the hospital bed. He just sat there, staring at me. "What?" I kept the eye contact with him. "you're okay." A small smile crept across his face as I giggled. "Yeah, I'm okay tubso"

He grabbed my hand and just continued to look at me almost as if I were his favorite price of art in a museum.

"I'm still here y'know." Wilbur's voice broke my thought. I looked over at him and he was smiling. "I'll go get Niki and Tommy. You guys can have a little time." Wilbur said before walking out of the room.

Toby stood up and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. "No no" I said and he stared at me confused. "Huh"

I pulled him back and kissed him for real. It was a passionate kiss. It was for the days we've spent apart, it was for the pain I went through that caused him his own pain. It was for all the moments we would have together in the future and all the times we would be apart again.

When we pulled apart his face was red. It looked like it was the first time I had kissed him. I laughed at his flustered face, and that made him smile.

I moved over in the bed to create as much room as possible, then patted the spot next to me. "You want me to lay down with you?" He raised his eyebrow questioningly. I nodded and smiled.

He thought about it for a moment before awkwardly climbing up next to me. Once he was settled in next to me I laid my head on his chest.

His heartbeat was calming. It was steady and slow. He started playing with my hair, which made me kind of tired. I soon fell asleep in the arms of my favorite person.

Time skip

I woke up to Toby shaking my shoulder. "Hey sleepyhead. You weren't supposed to fall asleep, Niki and Tommy wanted to see you."

I opened my eyes a little confused at first. Then I remembered where I was and what was happening. Wil went to get Niki and Tommy and I had fallen asleep. Great.

"The doctor said you're good to go if you're still feeling okay. Are you okay? Feeling okay?"

I nodded in response. I looked at him and got lost in his eyes. He's so fucking perfect. And he fell in love with me. Me.

I sat up in the bed, allowing him to move his limbs finally. Toby got up and got a nurse to come and unhook me from all the monitors and machines.

"Wilbur and the others are waiting outside, the bag with your stuff is in that chair, just get changed and I'll wait outside with them. If you need me or anyone else just call." he said when the nurse left the room. He smiled to me as he walked out of the room and closed the door.

I got changed in my clothes and made sure that I had everything and walked out of the room. When I walked out, I saw Niki and Wilbur talking and Tommy and Toby getting snacks from the vending machine.

Niki looked extremely tired. The bags under her eyes were much darker than they had been the last time I saw her. She was wearing Wilbur's hoodie which was like a dress on her.

When she made eye contact with me, her face brightened up. She was smiling and walking twords me before wrapping me in a tight hug.

"I'm glad you're okay. I knew you would be. You're a strong kid. I love you y/n. Please don't ever scare me like that again." She ended her statement with a small giggle that made me smile.

"I love you too Niki. We ready to get out of here?" I said , directing my question to Wilbur. He nodded and we walked twords the two boys that had chips and candy spilling out of their arms.

"Seriously?" Wilbur walked by Tommy and smacked him in the head causing him to drop half the stuff in his arms. I could tell Tommy was going to scream at Wilbur, but remembered where he was.

"Let's go losers" I grabbed some of the snacks from tubbo, freeing up a hand and grabbing it as we followed Wilbur and Niki through the halls and out of the hospital.

We got into the car, and started driving. The hospital we were at wasn't too far from my house. "Wait so whats happening with the boys?" I asked Wilbur.

"They're staying with us for a couple days. They weren't supposed to come back to the UK till next week so they'll be staying with us till then."

I looked over at Toby who was already looking at me. He smiled that perfect smile again. God, I love him so much.

When we arrived at my house we got out of the car and got all of our luggage out of the car. We walked up the steps to the house and went inside. It felt like it had been forever since I was home. I was glad to be.

I went into my room and dumped my stuff on the floor. I flopped onto the bed when I heard the door open. I knew it was Toby. Don't ask how I knew, I just did.

"Come hold me" I mumbled into the pillow. I could hear him walking twords my bed, and before I could move to look at him he jumped on me.

I screamed and he started laughing. His laugh sounded innocent and sweet. Deceitful. He pulled me close to him and kissed my cheek.

"Hey- no- you think I wanna cuddle with you after that? Wrong." I playfully pouted and tried to roll away from him.

He just grabbed me tighter and held me there, in his arms. I stopped fighting against it. All I wanted to do was lay in his arms. I only ever wanted to be here for the rest of time. I don't want to lose his caring touch or the soft scent of peppermint that he carries.

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his neck. I could spend eternity here. I'm glad my attempt failed. If it hadnt, I wouldn't get to have these small moments anymore. I wouldn't get to hear his innocent, soft laugh. I wouldn't get to see his adorable smile. I wouldn't get to hear him talk about all the small, stupid things that make him happy, or the trivial things that upset him.

I would lose the love of my life. This once in a life time kind of love.

________________________

Soooooo... Here's another bad chapter? Idk man. I wrote a lot of cheesy lovey dovey stuff. I'll write better chapters soon I promise.
Anyways, thank you all so much for all the reads and votes and comments and stuff. It really helps motivate me to continue this book instead of just giving up on it.
Also, thank you to the person who caught an error of mine in the last chapter and pointed it out in the way they did- it made me laugh.
Love you losers. Eat your meals, drink your water and get sleep.