Revolution 2

~Kimiko’s POV~

“Oi! Kimiko!” I snapped out of my daze to face Midori looking at me.

“Huh? Oh Midori-chan. Sorry what?” I asked.

She sighed. “I said, where did your boyfriend go? He hadn’t appeared for a while now.”

“Boyfriend?” I asked. “Oh you mean Kyousuke? Yeah I’ve been thinking about that actually. I haven’t been able to contact him for a while now.”

“So you call him by his first name?” said Midori in a teasing way.

“Well we’re childhood friends so why not?” I said, unfazed.

“You’re not that much fun to tease.” I heard Midori muttered. She walked of while I just stared at the members as they practiced.

I wish we could go back to the old times. I thought.

Flashback~

“You don’t have to do this you know.”

“I do… for Ni-san.”

“It would be a pain.”

“I don’t care.”

“…If you’re doing this then I’m staying with you.”

“…?”

“You heard me. I’m sticking with you. You haven’t seen what I have around here.”

“Seen what?”

“What they do… to the candidates. It’s… it’s horrible.”

“I’ll take whatever chance I have to get Ni-san back up on his feet.”

“…Ok then. I just don’t want you to end up doing something you’ll regret.”

“It’ll be worth it.”

Flashback End~

‘Worth it’ you say? We’ll just have to see.

In the afternoon, I went with Tsurugi to the hospital. We went to the room he was supposed to be in but to our surprise he wasn’t there. Instead, we found him in a rehabilitation room. He was trying his best to walk along the rails with a nurse watching.

“Yuuichi-san…” I said. “Is he trying to…?” I looked up at Tsurugi and saw he had that look on his face again. The guilt face. Damn, I hate it so much when he acts like this. I bet he’s thinking about Fifth Sector’s deal with him right now.

Flashback~

“If you serve under Fifth Sector, we will pay for your brother’s surgery.” Said. Kuroki. “And if you oppose us…”

Tsurugi seemed to get it and nodded. “Hai. I’ll do as you want me to.”

Flashback End~

I sighed. After a while, I went back home.

The next day, while everyone was practicing, I over-heard Endou saying that our next opponents had been switched. Instead of Aoba, we had to play against Teikoku. I was surprised that Endou didn’t know Kidou was the coach of Teikoku, but I just shrug it off.

On match day, everyone except Tsurugi showed up. I joined Raimon as a manager since the match against Mannouzaka. Everyone was worried since our opponents are very strong. In the first half, we tried to use this new hissatsu tactic called Ultimate Thunder but it failed because Shindou and Kurama don’t have the necessary amount of kick power needed. It’s half time and Raimon hadn’t managed to score against Teikoku yet.

“At this rate, if we can’t complete Ultimate Thunder, we might lose.” Said Shindou.

“What are we supposed to do?” asked Hayami.

Just then, Tsurugi appeared. “Put me on.” He said.

Everyone was shocked. “And just why should we trust you?” said Kurama.

“Put me on for the second half!” said Tsurugi. He looked way more desperate then he was a few days ago. “I’m not a SEED! This is a soccer player asking you! Please!” He was begging?

“I trust him.” Said Matsukaze all of a sudden. “I have full faith in him!” everyone was shocked.

“Me too.” I said smiling. Kurama was a bit taken back at first but then eventually agreed. I went over to Tsurugi just as he finished putting on the uniform.

“Hey. Don’t hold back.” I said.

“I don’t intend to.” He said smirking.

On the field, Tsurugi had to use Ultimate Thunder but it failed in the first two times. He was hesitating. That much was obvious.

Keep your head in the game! I mentally told him.

I know, I know! Just shut up! He replied mentally as well. Yeah, I also have telepathy.

“Tsurugi!” said Matsukaze. He was trying to steal the ball from the Teikoku members. “You’re not looking at soccer straight in the eye like you use to. And that’s… and that’s… making soccer cry!”

That seemed to snap him out of it. This time, Tsurugi used full speed and got the ball with ease. They tried to use Ultimate Thunder again.

I won’t do that! I won’t turn my back on my brother’s tears! I heard him said in his mind. “Ultimate Thunder!” and finally the tactic work. The ball went to Matsukaze and he scored a goal with a new hissatsu technique.

Mach Wind!” In the end, Raimon won and Tsurugi and Matsukaze high-fived.

“That was awesome you guys!” I said to the team. “Nice hissatsu Matsukaze-kun, Nishizono-kun.”

“You can just call us Tenma and Shinsuke.” They said.

“Ok then.” I said shrugging. Then I looked over at Tsurugi. “Nice work to you too Kyousuke. What made you change your mind?”

“…Shut up.” He said looking away.

Yuuichi-san found out didn’t he? I asked.

I said shut up! He replied grunting. I chuckled. Damn he’s cute-wait what? I did not just think that. Oh well.

A few hours later, I went home and found Masato-nee looking quite upset.

“Something wrong?” I asked.

“Yeah, pack up. We’re leaving tomorrow morning.” He said sternly.

“What? Why? What happen?” I asked surprised.

“I’ll explain everything tomorrow, but for now just trust me ok?”

“But what about the Holy Road?”

“Where you’re going is connected with Holy Road.”

“Where I’m going? What about you?”

“I’m going too, but to another spot. Trust me. You’ll know everything once you’ve seen it.”

And that’s exactly what happened.