Chapter 54 - Drenched

"Nope nope nope nope" She repeated like a broken record as the bell rung and the class was dismissed, no one listening to the teacher as she shouted instructions at them.

Peter watched his friend as they walked down the corridor, trying to decipher her muttering under her breath. She seemed even more out of it than earlier, but now there wasn't just the feeling of sadness, she looked panicked too.

"Hey Ven? Are you okay?" He asked. 

When there wasn't an answer he laid his hand on her shoulder, but she immediately leapt back, staring at him with wide eyes.

The two heroes started back at each other briefly, before Seven shook her head.

"I'm gonna walk home Pete, will you tell Happy for me?" She said and Peter looked at her worriedly.

"Are you sure? It'll take you an hour to get home." 

"Yeah" She nodded, "I need to clear my head"

"You want company?" He gave her a small questioning smile, but she shook her head lightly.

"Maybe another time Pete"

"Oh, okay. I'll let him know" He agreed and then watched as Seven walked away, her head down and her headphones in, presumably on full volume.

As Seven walked further and further away from the school it became quieter and she could no longer hear the chatter of other students over Adele as she sang Chasing Pavements in her headphones. 

Seven still couldn't wrap her head around what she had just seen. Sure it was totally plausible as from what she had heard from the stories she had been told, her mother and Bucky were in confinement at the same time, just with different organisations, which they now knew were working together for who knows how long. 

She didn't want Bucky to be her father. She liked Bucky just fine, but she didn't know how to talk to him, or what he liked, or if they had anything in common other than not having any control over their lives for a big portion of time. 

The exact same feeling that she felt when she found out Natasha was her mother was back. The feeling of guilt and helplessness, this time it was a little different as she wasn't happily surprised, she was just surprised. 

When she found out Natasha was her mother it was completely different. She had had nothing, no parents, no family, no friends. And then suddenly there was someone amazing in her life, who wanted to be her mom as much as she wanted a mom. 

She was finally happy now, she had her parent, she had Peter, and a family that she was finally getting to know individually. Bucky wasn't looking for a long lost child that he never wanted, or even knew existed. From everything she had observed about him, this would majorly freak him out and be the last thing he wanted. She wasn't exactly looking for another parent.

She knew that he had no clue who she was because of him not being himself when he was the winter soldier, and Natasha was never told who the father was, only that he was strong. Seven knew that if she never told him then no one would ever know anything different, and for now, that was what she was planning to do.

Seven stopped for a second to grab her water bottle out of her bag, her eyes catching a quick glimpse at the letter before she sighed and zipped the bag straight back up again, refusing to look at it. Before swinging the backpack back onto her shoulder she reached into her small pocket and pulled out all four IDs, holding them in her hand.