"Lady of the Lake" Part Two

I walk over to the group and put some sticks down on the ground building a little camp fire. Douxie picks up one or the sticks and starts twirling it in between his hands. A small flame sparks then dies down. Archie sends a blast of fire on the wood and the fire picks up again while I'm still leaning over the pile of wood.

"Thanks, Archie."

"I think you just burned my eyebrows off." I say looking at the cat-dragon.

"Needless how long is coach wizard gonna take? Its been forever!" Steve stands up pulling out his sword running away.

"What if the old man needs our help?"

"I doubt it Arch, even if he does and we do help him he is going to ground us." We all turn at the high pitched scream coming from behind us and see the stone wall is eating Steve. I lay my head on Douxie's lap looking at Steve say nonsense waving his arms.

"Open sesame! Abraham cadabra! Alakazam! Pesto! Wait that's not right... I- I'm begging you man!" The doors just laugh at him. "HEY DOOR DORKS OPEN UP!"

"Heh, why don't you open up?"

"Maybe I will! I'm, I'm really scared I won't be a good knight."

"Well, you with be but don't be scared about it." I tune out their conversation just laying in a comfortable silence.

"Merlin doesn't know shadow magic."

"What?" I look up at the blue haired boy.

"Merlin doesn't know shadow magic!" I sit up.

"Well, yeah, but neither do we." Douxie jumps up running next to Claire.

"Claire! You could make, a shadow, portal! And slip us right through!" He uses his magic and holds the shadow book she was looking at in the air.

"I don't know Douxie. I don't haven't staff."

"I've seen you do magic without it."

"But Merlin said-"

"Merlins not here!"

"I DON'T WANT TO BECOME HER!" she sighs sitting down and Archie nudges Douxie over to her. "What if the darkness takes over? Like Morgana?"

"Look, Claire, j know you're scared but you' re not her. You can make the magic your own. I never had the gift for shadow-mancy. But you do. You can do great and wondrous things, I've seen it!"

"Ok, Douxie, I'll try. But I need you to walk me through the spell book teach. I don't speak wizard-eze."

"You want me, to teach? I'm not even a good student." The doors speak up and my head whips in their direction.

"Got that right."

"The worst!" we all immediately came to his defence.

"QUIT IT!" (Claire)

"WHO ASKED YOU KNOBHEAD?!" (Archie)

"PUT A SOCK IN IT BIG MOUTH!" (Yours truly)

"Why are we yelling?" Steve is just sitting over by the doors sobbing and Douxie chuckles.

"Right," he stands up using his magic to flip through the book while me and Archie stay by the fire, the cat in my lap. "Put your hands out like this. Beyond there is your destination your emotional anchor."

"Got it" if I'm being honest to a normal person this would look just absolutely stupid.

"Then pull the magic around you. It will be your door to the shadow realm. That's it, that's it, steady. Focus, eyes on point, mind on anchor. You got this!"

"I'm scared."

"Magic is emotion. Don't let fear control you, use it! Stay true to yourself. That will protect you from the shadows." The black hole in the air keeps growing bigger and she seems a little panicked.

"Douxie, maybe we should stop." I say leaning forward a little.

"Uh, Doux?" She says breathing heavier.

"Don't be afraid Claire! This is your magic! You can control it! Keep your eyes on point."

Claire screams and she gets swallowed by the portal.

"CLAIRE!" I jump up running over to where she just was letting Archie drop to the ground. He flies over and Douxie picks up the spellbook.

"I can figure this out. Its gonna be fine!" It seemed like he was just trying to convince himself if that so I put a hand on his shoulder.

"FINE? Shadows just ate her alive man! What are we gonna do?!"

"Ok first things first I think we need to stop yelling in everyone's ear like that will solve the problem. Give me that please." I say taking the spellbook out of Douxie's hands. I murmur a few things under my breath flipping though the pages.

"Nirvana do you know anything about shadow magic?" Archie asks.

"Kind of. Morgana got about a week into teaching me, before my dad found out and grounded me for three weeks along with doing extra chores. It was terrible."

"She's still alive right!?"

"Yes, Steve, she is probably going to figure out how to get out of there before we do." As if on cue she drops from the sky landing on everyone making a pig pile.

"Are you hurt?"

"Claire? Claire! Are you alright?" Douxie says.

"Give her some space!" Archie says followed by a groan from Douxie. Everyone starts to get up but Steve who is on top of me.

"I saw her, a- a vision. Of Morgana!"

"Oh, hot dang."

"Steve! Get, OFF!" I say launching him to the side as he yelps.

"Was it really her? Or was it guilt? Or- or fear or-" Douxie pulls her attention away from the book.

"The shadow realm is a place of mystery. We understand if you don't wanna go back in."

"No! Its ok! I'll be alright! Thanks to talking me through it. Teach."

(A\N): Helloooo! I am so sorry it took me this long to make the next chapter I was just taking a break for a little bit but now I'm back and I will try to be online more often! Also I apologise this is a very short chapter but the next one will cover the rest of the episode. Also I have my school play tomorrow, and the next two days after that so I won't be as active. Sorry again. Have a nice day/night!

....970 words....